Skip to main content

I can't see 'sim.only' in the plan change options on my app. My pay monthly contract is about to expire on 11 Sep... but when I go to look at upgrade options in the app... it only shows more mobile phone deals. How do I upgrade to sim only???

Hi @Gembev,

Welcome to the Community!

If you are currently on a handset contract you can’t move to a SIM only until after the contract end date, the same also applies for plan changes.

Kash

I have the same issue. My contract has ended today and I can't see how to move to sim only. I'd like to stay with ID but can't see how to. Note: my old contract was phone and sim. Now it's ended I want to go sim only. Looks like I may have to go to another network which is daft. 

@Geoffc3011 -

What happens if you follow these steps?

Thanks.

It says

Looks like we don't have any  plans available.

Unfortunately we don't seem to have any plans  available for you at the moment. Please check  back later.  

I've checked back quite a few times and it's the same. 

@Geoffc3011 -

I’d suggest calling our Sales & Retentions Team 0800 049 0250. They also do the best prices. Thanks!

Thanks, I've tried that and the automated bot tells me for upgrades go back to the app or for cancellations will transfer me to someone who can only help cancel my  plan. Those are the only options available. Any ideas what I can do now? Can it really be more difficult to stay with ID than move to smarty. 

OK so I finally managed to chat with a human. I did this by opening a chat bot session (which is always useless for answers) and typing in "I want to speak to an agent"  a few times then clicking customer services in the chat box and waiting for 20 mins.

Turns out that despite ID mobile telling me it's time to upgrade or change my plan, it actually isn't! there are 2 months to go, and there is no way to see your contract end date in the app!

So I now have to wait two months and hope a sim only plan comes up as an option. If not, I won't go through this rigmarole again, I'll just leave. 

I can't believe it's taken over a week to work out how to speak to someone real, there is no way of finding your contract end date, and misleading info about the end of your plan is sent out.

Sigh. 

@Geoffc3011 -

Ah, sounds like you’re due a handset upgrade, but you need to wait till the end of your term before changing to a SIM only. Thanks.