Skip to main content
Solved

Will new plan automatically replace the old one?

• 29 May 2024
  • 5 replies

Hi, I’ve just ordered a new phone and plan as I had an email saying I was due an upgrade. I am assuming because the phone number and account is the same that this plan will automatically replace my old one, and i won’t be paying for both?

Thanks! 

5 replies

Userlevel 1

Yes, it takes over the old contract. You may make a smaller or larger payment the first month depending on how much of the current month has been on the old/new plan!

Userlevel 8
Badge +10

Yes, it takes over the old contract. You may make a smaller or larger payment the first month depending on how much of the current month has been on the old/new plan!

But only if you’ve chosen from one of the upgrade options shown in your own “My iD Account” online or the iD app, while you are logged-in, @Lisalou93

If you don’t do this, you might order a new connection to the iD network, and end up with x2 iD contracts.

Userlevel 1

Okay - but if i do end up with two, i can just cancel one? my contract comes to an end in a week anyway...

Userlevel 8
Badge +10

Okay - but if i do end up with two, i can just cancel one? my contract comes to an end in a week anyway...

Okay @SAMMC98, have you now got two iD contracts?

If you cancel an iD contract, the mobile number will be lost when the contract is cancelled - perhaps that’s okay.

FYI, iD Mobile can’t / won’t transfer a number from one iD contract to another iD contract.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Hi @SAMMC98 

As long as you perform an upgrade, it’ll keep the same one account.

If you purchase a new line, that’d be completely separate to the one you have now and have a new number.

Tom