F.A.Q.

My Credit Check has been declined. What should I do?

• 11 June 2024
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

There are a number of reasons why your Credit Check may have been declined. Here’s everything you need to know: 

Why did my Credit Check decline?

• Connection Limit.

You can purchase a maximum of 2 iD Mobile plans every 3 months. If you’ve successfully purchased one iD Mobile plan and would like to purchase another but have been declined, it may be because you’ve reached your connection limit. In this case, we recommend that you reapply for another connection after 3 months of purchasing your last connection. 

• Incorrect or missing Information.

Sometimes, an error may flag up on our systems with the information provided, or some information required to complete the transaction may be missing.

• Failed Credit Check.

When you purchase an iD Mobile Pay Monthly Phone or SIM plan we’ll carry out a Credit Check.  If you do not pass our credit check criteria your application will be declined, and we recommend that you reapply no less then 3 months after your failed application.

• Failed Security Check.

If you’ve passed the credit check stage, we’ll also carry out a security check. This security check considers many factors and is in place to protect you, the consumer, and ourselves against any potentially fraudulent activity. If you fail this stage, we may require you to send in proof of identity.

In each instance, you’ll receive an email from us after your ‘Order Confirmation’ email, explaining why the application was declined and outlining the next steps, if any.

Who should I contact about my Credit Check?

If you have any questions on your credit check, please contact Equifax PLC, the credit reference agency we use. 

Please note: Our Live Chat team are unable to provide any additional information about your credit check if it is declined. 

This topic has been closed for comments