Skip to main content

Beware when Roaming in France Spain etc

• 24 June 2024
  • 3 replies

If you need the internet, or a vulnerable customer when roaming abroad, beware of id app, calling your balance, community chat, online account they are useless, do not give you any idea how much datas you have left like when in the uk.

id do not updated your plan roaming usage so you can easily be misleaded to think you are in plan and later charged heavily for out of plan or simply get Disconnected without warning of all your essentials mobility apps. 

This is not an one off technical issue. It is a way ID increase revenues. Disgraceful.

If you contact ID customer service , their vulnerable team, there is no help either instead hours of lost time trying to find wifi to chat/ phone when on holidays in France and to be misold charged X2 out of plan roaming add on, later be told they were useless products for roaming, so disconnected of essential apps and without any warning and left stranded. 

3 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Hi @Rico 

I can’t see us ever having reached out to you directly via the community, I’m sorry you feel that we’re useless.

While the app may track your overall data usage in a period, it would not visually separate this between used in the UK and used in an inclusive roaming zone, we’ll feed back the want to for this feature to the team.

It may be worth checking your allowance before you begin roaming and go from there.

Tom

Userlevel 2

8 July 2024

Like any other providers, ID do not send a text to warn you are about to run out of roaming allowances and ID app make you think you are in plan. The lack of transparence about ID own roaming surcharged when out of plan make sense now. 

I am sorry you have to play fool. As you know I have reached ID teams multiple times. ID response slowdown my network service and closed my complaint on the 6 July.

The complaint 412173055 will be send to the Ombusman.

Userlevel 8
Badge +7

Hi @Rico,

When you reach your roaming limit you should receive a text message from us.

If you wish to avoid any charges you can set your cap to £0.

Kash