Skip to main content

I have travelled to portugal and can't access my mobile data. International roaming is enabled in the id app but my phone won't let me turn on roaming. The option is greyed out and a reboot hasn't helped. I've seen another person with this issue on here a week ago, but cant see what they did to resolve this. 

My husband has exactly the same issue. We both have Samsung S23 fe. Which is the same phone the other person also had! 

Hi @Loopz123,

Welcome to the Community!

Whilst in Portugal please connect to NOS or MEO.

I would advise resetting your network settings also to see if that helps.

It may also be worth checking your APN settings.

All phones bought from us should arrive with the right settings already configured. But if you’ve moved over to iD Mobile on a SIM only plan and kept your old phone, you may need to review the settings to get things like the internet and picture messaging to work. Our network (APN) settings are listed below:

Name iD
APN id
Username <leave blank>
Password <leave blank>
MMSC http://mms.um.idmobile.co.uk:10021/mmsc
MMS Proxy mms.idmobile.co.uk
MMS APN Username <leave blank>
MMS APN Password <leave blank>
MMS Port 8799

Kash

I have done this and I

The APN settings are correct. 

I am auto connected to NOS, but can't manually connect.to any network as the whole "mobile network" section is greyed out. 

Id have now sent me an e-sim however this is also not working.  Seems silly to be with a company for roaming and then for it not to work! Extremely frustrating. 

Hi @Loopz123 

There wouldn’t be anything on our side stopping you from manually selecting a network, you’ll need to turn off automatic network selection before doing this.

Have you tried resetting network settings while roaming?

Tom