Skip to main content

Hi

I’m not sure which countries are included in the free roaming package that is applicable to uk residents. Any help be grateful for as I’m travelling to Paris tomorrow

Big thanks!

For France you’d need to connect to any of these partnering roaming networks:

BYTEL or BOUYGTEL, Free Mobile, Orange or SFR

For a full list of band 1 and band 2 roaming destinations (for any future reference):

More importantly before you leave you need to set roaming up either via the iD Mobile app or your online account:

And finally you’d need to set the phone up and that info is further down the page on the above link

With all of that said, I’ve set my account up and my android phone for my trip in a few days time and if you want to go that little bit further (to hopefully prevent nasty surprises) you could also do this

Via the iD Mobile App → Bills → Mange bill cap:

• set the bill cap to £0 and clicked save as I’m a cheapskate but also read of others getting an unwanted ‘surprise’.

I wrote more about the quoted section here though if you take any of my advice from this link please read the bit I posted further down so you don’t potentially end up with no network during a reboot etc

Bless your heart.. you are indeed kind

This will take non tech savvy me hours to do but I will get their haha

pls can you also tell me if this roaming is free

as in can i receive free calls whilst in Paris and will i have the free data usage too

kind regards

No problem at all 😀

It may look hard, but it really doesn’t take that long to set up.

Just follow the guides or if you’re using a Samsung phone just click on the link below and have a read through it a few times. Just make a note of the networks needed for France.

Set your iD Mobile app up first, then the phone.

Yes if you’ve set the iD mobile app up and set your phone up then it’s free.

Calls you make would use any of your minutes and others can call you for free.

There is a 30GB* data limit when roaming so either set your billing cap to £0, unless you need more data whereby you’d have to set the billing cap higher, but this could work out to be expensive.

*for those whom joined iD prior to 2021 have (I think) 50GB

iD also have a FAQ section regarding roaming and you could look through that too if you wish to

https://community.idmobile.co.uk/roaming-76

Thanks once again dear

However, I have an iphone. Also while I’ve manage the billing cap to zero, I can’t any option to enable roaming on the ID mobile app.

Sos xx

Honestly it’s fine 😉

For the roaming section, open the App, at the bottom there are 4 sub menus.

Click on the Plan, scroll down until you see Manage your iD services, Roaming is the third option down. Swipe it to on (it’ll go blue) and click save (you’ll see it if you scroll down further)

The iPhone settings are towards the bottom of one of the links posted, but here it is again to keep you going in the right direction. It’s just under the heading:

How do I enable Roaming on my phone?

https://community.idmobile.co.uk/roaming-76