Solved

data rollover when roaming

• 14 May 2024
  • 4 replies

Currently roaming in EU with 30 GB data limit in my plan. App shows that I have 22+ GB left this month. But today I got a message that ive reached 100 percent of bill cap and internet stopped! I also had lots of rollover data from last month. So I probably have used 30 in last month. Question: is 30gb roaming per month a hard limit?  I.e. if I  have rollover data, I cannot use it when roaming to exceed 30 GB month If so, now I am stuck with no data unless I buy add on. 

Not happy 

Please advise 

icon

Best answer by Tom 22 May 2024, 12:10

View original

4 replies

Ok, no replies to this question. Today contacted live agent who confirmed that rollover data does not count when roaming. So, I have 22 GB data showing in app, but I cannot use any of it. Any data used will cost at out of plan data rate i.e. £100 per GB. Unless I buy add on data pack. Have not found any information on data rollover limits / conditions when roaming, on website or id community. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +10

Have not found any information on data rollover limits / conditions when roaming, on website or id community. 

Suspect if this info is online, it’ll be extremely difficult to find, but it’s probably not there in the first place,  @Richard69

It doesn’t look like iD curate the web site FAQs and help information, nor many of the help topics here in the iD community.

Hi andewhite, Certainly not found anything relevant online New month and I have 52.7 GB available. Of which I can use 30 in next 31 days. Time to turn on roaming again. Service is quarter price of my old Vodafone contract and with more data. Guess I'll learn, and cope with some minor problems. 😀

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Richard69 

The 30GB would be a hard limit, rollover data wouldn’t add on top of this, however an add on would.

Tom