Skip to main content
Solved

Has your roaming partner in Greece changed?

• 24 May 2024
  • 7 replies

We visit a village on Crete regularly and have always managed to roam with Cosmote with good signal strength and fast data. However, we can’t now! Cosmote shows on an Android phone as (Forbidden) on both 4G and 5G and on an iOS phone it says network registration failed. We have tried selecting manually as well as automatic. We now find that we have zero coverage in the village, but other Cosmote users are happily using their phones, so it’s certainly not a local cell issue. It looks like we are now blocked from using the Cosmote network.

7 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +10

This forum article says the iD roaming partners in Greece are Cosmote and Wind Hellas. 

Maybe the new iD app and “My iD Account” online services have messed-up the roaming settings in your iD account, @gohunter

Userlevel 1

Hi Andy, Thanks for the swift reply. I’ve checked our ID Services and both International and Roaming are enabled in the app on all 3 phones. It’s been like this for a week and we simply thought it was an issue with a local cell tower, but last night I was in one of the village tavernas and some of my friends were using Cosmote happily, where our phones were saying no service and displaying “Emergency Calls Only”. We also have roaming and data roaming enabled on all 3 phones.

Userlevel 8
Badge +10

Have you tried a NETWORK RESET, or an old-fashioned phone OFF for 30-minutes, @gohunter

Otherwise, because forum members like myself and yourself can’t look at customer accounts, you’ll need help from iD support, via their online Live Chat service.

Online chat is the primary support channel at iD Mobile. The iD chatbot works 24/7, and the advisers work until 8pm on weekdays (6pm at weekends + bank holidays). 

Just tell the bot you want to “talk to a person”. 

Out of curiosity, did you get an iD roaming rates SMS when you arrived in Greece?

Userlevel 1

Hi Andy, Yes, I have tried a network reset and our phones have been off overnight several days running. As for the SMS, yes, we got that on all 3 phones when we arrived at the airport and get them when we go out of the village and pick up another network. It’s a bit weird. Almost like Cosmote have blocked ID Mobile/Three - Maybe they have an outstanding roaming bill to pay! 😉 I’ll get onto the chat bot and try the talk to a parson option. Thanks for your help. Very much appreciated. If I get an answer from the support chat. I’ll post it her so that others know.

Userlevel 1

Spoke with the support chat. Issue has been forwarded to the tech support team, who will come back within 48 hours.

Userlevel 8
Badge +10

Spoke with the support chat. Issue has been forwarded to the tech support team, who will come back within 48 hours.

I hope they do @gohunter - based on my own experience, sadly it’s unlikely iD tech support will respond within 48-hours.
🤞

Userlevel 8
Badge +7

Hi @gohunter,

Welcome to the Community!

Just checking if you received further support with this or not?

If you still require assistance, please get back in touch.

Kash