Skip to main content
Solved

I can’t use my allowance in France, Italy etc…

Hello guys, 

Actually I can NOT using any allowance of my account in Italy, France so I reviewed all topic of Roaming and free Roaming destinations but still doesn’t work for me. 
Anyone can help me how use my allowance in France?

Appreciate your help in advance. 
kind regards 

Kourosh 

17 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +10

What exactly doesn’t work @Adeltc?

Your calls, texts and roaming mobile data, or another combination of these services?

Userlevel 1

Hi @andewhite thanks for your quick response.

My cab already set on £0 to avoid for extra charge so I know I can use of my data up to 30 GB and allowance but when I activate the mobile data nothing happens. 
btw on my device (iPhone 13 Pro Max) roaming off but not sure if I turn it on, then my data are finish and cab already set to £0.

thanks again 

Userlevel 8
Badge +10

You’d need to have roaming turned ON in your iD account, and also on your iPhone, @Adeltc.

The iOS setting for controlling mobile data while roaming is: 

Settings > Mobile Service > Mobile Data Options

Userlevel 1

@andewhite  Could you kindly check screenshots as I already followed the steps as you mentioned but can’t use anything of my allowance.

Userlevel 8
Badge +10

To use data in France and Italy, change your “Mobile Data Options” setting, @Adeltc

Use “Roaming On”, not “Roaming Off”.

🍀

Userlevel 1

@andewhite thank you. Just one question: if I turn it on, and my cab iD set on £0 so when my allowance over and finish then not charging me anymore? 

Userlevel 8
Badge +10

@andewhite thank you. Just one question: if I turn it on, and my cab iD set on £0 so when my allowance over and finish then not charging me anymore? 

If your iD account bill cap is £0, then iD Mobile will not charge for any out-of-plan usage, @Adeltc.

Userlevel 1

@andewhite I really appreciate your quick and amazing response. Have a wonderful time. Cheers 

Userlevel 1

Dear @andewhite 

hope you’re doing well.

actually I backed to you because after more than 8 days in France and Italy, still I can’t use my allowance and 1 kb data so I followed step by steps of your advice but nothing happened. I checked everything on here and FAQ of iD but still the same. For example in France I can see Free network signal with 5G but not open even text website.

could you help me how can fix it?

Userlevel 8
Badge +10

Make sure roaming is ON in your iD account online, @Adeltc.

Also make sure “Mobile Data Options” on your iPhone says “Roaming On”.

Userlevel 1

All of them are ON and even I restarted my iPhone’s network settings.

Userlevel 1

@andewhite please see this link for recording video of my case. Video

Userlevel 8
Badge +10

Do calls and texts work, @Adeltc

The APN value might be incorrect, or there might be a network profile from another network installed on your iPhone, blocking iD Mobile. 

The correct APN value is “id” (lowercase). 

If roaming is not turned ON in your iD account, nothing will work.

Userlevel 1

@andewhite Text works but no call.

I already reset network settings so could you kindly how can check, edit APN and what is the right value for data as I didn’t find more data on iD mobile website. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +10

@andewhite Text works but no call.

I already reset network settings so could you kindly how can check, edit APN and what is the right value for data as I didn’t find more data on iD mobile website. 

Not sure iD Mobile allow iPhone users to edit their APN settings, but the following article might help.

Forum members like us can’t look at any iD customers accounts, so chat online with an iD adviser about your account, @Adeltc

Try https://idmobile.co.uk/live-chat - the advisers work until 8pm on weekdays.

Userlevel 1

@andewhite appreciate that. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi there @Adeltc, welcome to Community!

Sorry for the delay in responses here. Are you still having issues please?

In the future with roaming issues, we’d recommend contacting us directly via our live-chat so we can instantly troubleshoot with yourself:

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/live-chat

Thanks,

Tyler