Skip to main content

In France with roaming enabled. Contract is unlimited data and minutes. Have 4G signal but unable to access apps or send texts unless connected to a WiFi network. Any ideas?

If roaming is enabled on your handset, and in your iD account, then it sounds like the mobile data APN value might be incorrect, @Jharkin743

Have you tried a NETWORK REST on your handset? 

Thanks. I have tried a couple of networks without any success. Is that what you mean by a network reset? 

Okay @Jharkin743, the iD roaming partners in France are: BYTEL (or BOUYGTEL), Free Mobile, and Orange.

Your handset user guide should explain how to perform a NETWORK RESET. 

Googled it. Reset the network and still not getting data. 

Okay @Jharkin743, the APN value in the mobile data settings on your handset might be incorrect. 

The correct APN value is “id”, in lowercase.

I’m sure you’re right but I can’t find the location to check the APN. 

I have checked all the mobile settings I can. Is it possible that ID do not display the APN. The Apple help page says ‘if your carrier permits it’. 

I have checked all the mobile settings I can. Is it possible that ID do not display the APN. The Apple help page says ‘if your carrier permits it’. 

Unfortunately @Jharkin743, the network profile iD Mobile provide for iPhone handsets on their network does not allow users to edit the APN settings. 

You could try turning off your iPhone, removing the SIM card, then waiting 15-minutes before inserting the SIM card, and restarting your handset.

You’re not the first customer to encounter this issue.

Ok. Thanks for your help. You can understand that if this is a known issue (and hasn’t been fixed) then ID are not providing me with the service I have paid for under the terms and conditions of my contract. Can you please tell me how I elevate to a formal complaint? Kind regards. 

Okay @Jharkin743, I’m just a forum member like yourself. 

To complain, visit https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/complaints-procedure

Thanks. I thought I was getting advice from a genuine helpdesk! Really appreciate your help and time trying to solve my issue, but nothing worked - even the tip about replacing the Sim didn’t solve it. I’ll try and work out how to complain to ID - sounds like they know about this problem. 

Thanks. I thought I was getting advice from a genuine helpdesk! Really appreciate your help and time trying to solve my issue, but nothing worked - even the tip about replacing the Sim didn’t solve it. I’ll try and work out how to complain to ID - sounds like they know about this problem. 

The primary support channel at iD Mobile is their online Live Chat service, @Jharkin743

Doubtful iD Mobile will recognise this is a problem - they’ve chosen NOT to allow access for iPhone users to their mobile data APN settings.

Hi @Jharkin743,

Welcome to the Community!

Just checking if you managed to get in touch with someone?

If you still require assistance, you can get back to us here and we can send you a PM.

Kash