Solved

Roaming after min contract term expires

• 16 May 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Took out my current Sim only contract prior to June 2023 and have unlimited roaming data. It’s my intention to stay with current arrangement- will data fair use apply going forward or can I continue as before? I only use this facility for up to 10 weeks per annum. 

icon

Best answer by Tyler 21 May 2024, 13:57

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 1

Don’t mean unlimited data, I mean full allowance as per contract 

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hey there @John Cobb, welcome to Community!

If you joined us/upgraded before June 2023, then you won’t be subject to the 30GB fair usage policy for data roaming abroad. If you’re roaming for 10 weeks in total, then you should be all good. It’s only when you’re permanently roaming for a longer time-period that you may begin to be charged, please read more below:

We understand that sometimes you'll want to roam for a few weeks at a time or take an extended trip. However, it is important to remember that if you spend more time abroad than you do in the UK over a 4-month period, we might think you're permanently Roaming. If you do spend more time abroad than in the UK over a 4-month period, we'll have to take the following actions:

1. First, we'll send you a text reminding you of the fair usage policy.
  2. If you don't change your usage behavior to comply with our policy, we'll also ask you to provide proof that you do still have strong ties to the UK, like a UK bill or bank statement.
  3. If you don't/can't provide any proof of having strong ties to the UK, and you continue to roam more than you use your plan in the UK, we'll have no choice but to apply an additional charge to your EU Roaming usage.
  4. Finally, when this additional charge is applied, we'll send you another text message - to make sure you're aware of the situation, giving you a second chance to stop Roaming to avoid charges.

The additional charges applied to your plan if you're a permanent roamer that continues to use their allowances abroad are:

• 3.2p per minute per call.
  • 1p per text.
  • 10p per MB of data.

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/eu-roaming/fair-usage-policy#before-june-2023

Therefore, you should be okay to roam with your data within your normal allowances, as normal in the EU countries listed here:

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/eu-roaming

Thank you,

Tyler

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hey there @John Cobb, welcome to Community!

If you joined us/upgraded before June 2023, then you won’t be subject to the 30GB fair usage policy for data roaming abroad. If you’re roaming for 10 weeks in total, then you should be all good. It’s only when you’re permanently roaming for a longer time-period that you may begin to be charged, please read more below:

We understand that sometimes you'll want to roam for a few weeks at a time or take an extended trip. However, it is important to remember that if you spend more time abroad than you do in the UK over a 4-month period, we might think you're permanently Roaming. If you do spend more time abroad than in the UK over a 4-month period, we'll have to take the following actions:

1. First, we'll send you a text reminding you of the fair usage policy.
  2. If you don't change your usage behaviour to comply with our policy, we'll also ask you to provide proof that you do still have strong ties to the UK, like a UK bill or bank statement.
  3. If you don't/can't provide any proof of having strong ties to the UK, and you continue to roam more than you use your plan in the UK, we'll have no choice but to apply an additional charge to your EU Roaming usage.
  4. Finally, when this additional charge is applied, we'll send you another text message - to make sure you're aware of the situation, giving you a second chance to stop Roaming to avoid charges.

The additional charges applied to your plan if you're a permanent roamer that continues to use their allowances abroad are:

• 3.2p per minute per call.
  • 1p per text.
  • 10p per MB of data.

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/eu-roaming/fair-usage-policy#before-june-2023

Therefore, you should be okay to roam with your data within your normal allowances, as normal in the EU countries listed here:

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/eu-roaming

Thank you,

Tyler

Userlevel 1

Thank you most helpdul

Userlevel 1
  • helpful 
Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hey @John Cobb, I’m very glad to hear and always happy to help!

Have a lovely evening :)

Kind regards,

Tyler