Skip to main content
Solved

roaming in greece on Nova not working

• 21 June 2024
  • 4 replies

I’m in Greece, roaming support by Nova - showing I have 5G and good signal, however nothing is loading and I cannot make calls or text. I have roaming activated and unable to use phone unless on WiFi which isn’t any good if I’m out and need maps. Anyone else having this problem or know how to fix it?..

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +10

The iD Mobile roaming partners in Greece are allegedly Cosmote and WInd Hellas, @Lynne Driscoll

Userlevel 1

Nova in Greece purchased Wind, but I am having a similar problem.  I have been in Greece for two weeks and my Verizon roaming service has worked perfectly for the first 15 days. However, yesterday (June 26th), my Verizon number was no longer maintaining a stable connection to the local towers in Greece.   My phone would sometimes connect and within a few minutes, the cellular connection gets dropped.  

This is making me nuts. I called Verizon in the States and was on with their IT Team for nearly two hours yesterday and still, I cannot maintain a cellular connection while in Greece. 

Any ideas??

Userlevel 1

Update on June 27 2024….. The issue is all across Europe for customers who are roaming. It is NOT specific to a user's phone, and it is impacting all three major U.S. carriers.  They are working on it now. 

Here’s one of many articles about the problem..

International roaming outage for US carriers: AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon (9to5mac.com)

Userlevel 8
Badge +7

Hi @jbrown2665,

Welcome to the Community!

If you are still experiencing issues you can contact our Live Chat Team.

The team can raise this with our Tech Team to see what can be done.

Kash