Skip to main content
Solved

Roaming not working

• 13 July 2024
  • 7 replies

Hi I'm currently in the US and I recently changed my cap to £50 and using mobile data still isn't working. I've tried doing the APN to change network but it isnt working and I've reset the phone multiple times. I've turned on roaming on both the phone settings and the ID mobile app but its still not working. Any fix?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey @oxs1,

Sorry to hear you had issues. Did you find a resolution? Our Roaming Charge is £0.30 a MB of data, so you wouldn’t be able to use your phone much before hitting a £50 cap.

Thanks.

Hi I wasn't able to find a solution as I still have the same problem. I'm not able to use WhatsApp or anything without WiFi currently

Userlevel 1

@Matthew T download the app easySIM and you can get a US eSIM for 10GB for £16, other options too.  Not tried it yet myself but will do next month.  Another App is AIRALO similar deals

Userlevel 1

@Matthew T doewnlaod the easySIM and AILALO apps…. with easySIM you can get 10GB US Roaming for £16, other options available too.  Not tried them yet myself, that will be end of next month.

Userlevel 8
Badge +10

@Matthew T doewnlaod the easySIM and AILALO apps…. with easySIM you can get 10GB US Roaming for £16, other options available too.  Not tried them yet myself, that will be end of next month.

Yeah, with an eSIM capable handset, a data-only eSIM with a US travel plan is a better option than iD Mobile rates for roaming data in the US.

I’ve used a Soracom Mobile eSIM in the US, which worked well for me.

Userlevel 1

@oxs1 Sorry my message was aimed at you.  

download the easySIM and AILALO apps…. with easySIM you can get 10GB US Roaming for £16, other options available too.  Not tried them yet myself, that will be end of next month.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@oxs1 I’m sorry to hear this. Perhaps try our Live Chat team and they can look into your account. Alternatively @Shaun Procter and @andewhite have offered some alternative solutions using a local eSIM. I recently did this in Turkey and found it to be very successful. Thanks.