Solved

Using phone outside EU

• 5 December 2018
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
What's the most economical way to use my phone in New Zealand? Will need to call both New Zealand numbers and UK ones. Thanks.
icon

Best answer by Ryan 7 December 2018, 14:54

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10
HI @Curlewpam,

Calls to the UK and to a New Zealand number whilst over there would cost £1.68 per minute, texts would cost £0.42 and data is £0.30 per MB. Receiving a call would cost £1.50 per minute. We don't offer any Roaming Add-ons either so it could get costly.

As a bit of impartial advice, you might be best purchasing a local SIM card for your stay if needing to contact New Zealand numbers.

Further roaming charges can be found here. I hope this helps!

Ryan
Userlevel 1
Thank you Ryan, much appreciated.
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
You're welcome @Curlewpam, I hope that you enjoy your trip. ☺️

Ryan

Hi,

I hope you do not mind me asking a similar question about New Zealand.

I have a lot of my bank accounts and other apps linked to my ID mobile number. Such that when I log in, the bank and other apps will send me a text for a code to enter. Will I still be able to receive these text messages in New Zealand using my ID mobile number?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi,

I hope you do not mind me asking a similar question about New Zealand.

I have a lot of my bank accounts and other apps linked to my ID mobile number. Such that when I log in, the bank and other apps will send me a text for a code to enter. Will I still be able to receive these text messages in New Zealand using my ID mobile number?

This is duplicate of the post in the “New Zealand receiving UK texts” topic.

Why iD Mobile?