Skip to main content
Solved

when will ID mobile allow appke watched to work without phone?

• 3 June 2024
  • 2 replies

Any one any idea when ID mobile will allow Apple Watches to work when your phone isn’t in reach? It’s driving me mad as before I switched network provider my watch to work as a phone I could take calls , messages and do pretty much anything on it but now I’m with ID and it doesn’t yet support them I am just wondering when this will happen? I contacted customers services and they were not helpful at all and all they kept saying was I will sign post you to our website and here and I can not find anything about if or when this may happen? 

2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +10

Okay @MMCL85, iD Mobile currently say their eSIM and SIM cards are ONLY supported in mobile phones. 

Forum members have been asking iD Mobile for eSIM devices for 3-4 years (probably longer), but these only became available from April 2024.

How long have cellular Apple watches been available? The answer may give you a clue about iD Mobile timescale for cellular Apple watch support.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Hi @MMCL85 

Unfortunately we don’t have any plans at this time to support our eSIMs in watches, sorry.

Tom