1. Check your coverage
Use our handy online coverage checker to find out the signal strength in your area. You can search by postcode - so you can check all the places you usually use your phone, like your home and work addresses. And you can view both 3G and 4G coverage.
Need more info on this? Read our ‘How to check coverage’ article.
2. Are you using a compatible handset?
If your handset isn’t approved/compatible with iD Mobile, your ability to use our services may be affected. Click here to view our list of approved and compatible handsets.
All the handsets we provide with an iD Mobile plan are compatible with our network, as you’d expect. So if you’ve got one of those you should be fine.
If you purchased a SIM only iD plan and are using an iD compatible handset you bought elsewhere with it, you should also be fine!
Tried the above and it’s still not working?
If you've tried the above and your SIM still doesn’t appear to be working, follow these troubleshooting steps.
- Put your phone into flight mode, leave it for 30 seconds, and then disable flight mode.
- Check that the SIM card is inserted correctly.
- Restart your device.
- Turn off your device, remove your SIM, and clean it using a micro-fibre cloth. Then re-insert it and try again.
- Try the SIM card in another 'iD compatible handset', and test the connection in a few locations to see if the SIM connects. If you don’t experience any issues with the other handset, your original phone may be at fault.