Skip to main content

Hi,

I purchased a phone for my wife at the beginning of the year with ID Mobile as we were tempted by the extremely good price and the £100 Curry’s voucher and also believed that connectivity would be good as it’s on the Three network.

However, 8 months on we haven’t received her £100 Curry’s voucher and the signal has been appalling. I have now proved that there is no issue with the handset (Google Pixel 😎 and that the issue is with the network (Multiple posts about peoples problems with it on the community). I have proved it by purchasing a PAYG Three sim card and entered it in the phone as I was sure this would work as ID Mobile uses Three’s network infrastructure. Since changing the SIM card my wife's mobile phone now works perfectly.

Getting to this point has been an absolute nightmare as there is no clear path to support and as such I’m writing this post to see if someone can let me know how I exit the contract as ID Mobile has failed to deliver Customer Support, A network that is fit for purpose i.e. calls can’t connect and when they do they break up constantly and finally they haven’t delivered the £100 Curry’s voucher which was part of the reason we purchased (No it’s not in the junk folder)

Any help appreciated

Regards

M

What do the contract terms & conditions say about early termination, when the service provider fails to provide the service, @Digimick1967

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/legal/terms-and-conditions/pay-monthly#dec23

The definition of quality of service isn’t very specific unfortunately. ID Mobile are supposed to use Three’s network. However, when I put a Three mobile SIM in the phone I get excellent reception compared with the ID mobile SIM. I guess you get what you pay for…..a lesson learnt :)

The definition of quality of service isn’t very specific unfortunately. ID Mobile are supposed to use Three’s network. However, when I put a Three mobile SIM in the phone I get excellent reception compared with the ID mobile SIM. I guess you get what you pay for…..a lesson learnt :)

Have you tried a replacement iD SIM / eSIM for your spouse’s handset? 

Hey there @Digimick1967, welcome to Community!

We’re very sorry to hear you’ve had coverage issues, and not received your voucher as of yet.

To have these issues looked into further ASAP, please contact us via our live-chat:

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/live-chat

Thanks,

Tyler