Skip to main content
Solved

Final service date and charges when cancelling a pay monthly sim only plan.

• 4 July 2024
  • 4 replies

I want my pay monthly, sim-only plan to provide service for just 2 months and to only pay for 2 months.

I am approaching the end of the first month and the cancellation charges are shown as only £1.84. So if I were to cancel just before the end of the first month, this suggests that the plan and charges will cease almost immediately.

However, I have seen that I need to give 30 days notice to cancel a pay monthly plan which means that, if I want service to cease at the end of the second month, then I will have to cancel now, before the end of the first month and can expect to pay for the 30 days service during the notice period. 

This is confusing. Please can someone clarify when I should cancel to receive, and only pay for, 2 months of service? 

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +7

Hi @Bob_M,

Welcome to the Community!

If you wish to cancel your contract you’ll need to request cancellation 30 days before you wish to disconnect.

In the meantime your billing will continue as normal and you’ll receive the final bill 24 hours after disconnection.

Once the account is disconnected you’ll receive a final bill which may have a credit or outstanding balance.

Kash

Hi Kash, 

Thanks for your response and I think you have answered the question.

If you are connected to ID Mobile in some way then please take my feed back:

1) The automatic system for advising on the final bill is wrong based on your response because the 30 day notice is not being recognised. 

2) I wanted just 2 months of service but it seems to me that I am going to be charged for 3 months, even though I cancelled on day 5 of the second plan of 4 weeks. Indeed it seems that I should have cancelled my plan during the first 4 plan of weeks, and at least 30 days (more than 4 weeks) before the 2nd 4 week plan will have ended; i.e. on or before day 25 of the first 4 week plan! 

One is left with a bad taste in the mouth when arrangements are so complex to manage effectively and it will influence my future dealings with ID Mobile. 

I would like to cancel my mobile plan

Userlevel 8
Badge +7

Hi @Bob_M,

When the final bill is produced it will charge you for the amount of time that the plan was active.

In some instances you may be owed money back.

@Kevin Vincent warwick-baker 

Welcome to the Community!

The Help Hub link below will assist you with your cancellation.

If you require further assistance, please let us know.

Kash