Solved

Do Id mobile not provide a replacement when your phone is being repaired?

• 6 September 2018
  • 1 reply

Hi, I got a Sony Xperia xa1 in February and the phone turns itself off intermittently, this has now got so bad hat it's unusable. I took my phone into the west quay store in Southampton and they said it would have to be sent for repair, they said they couldn't offer a courtesy phone as they were all being used and to go to the other Southampton store. I went to the other store and they said that id mobile don't provide courtesy phones. Now my phones in for repair for two weeks and I don't have a phone at all.
So are they just messing me about saying they don't have phones? It's a bit poor paying for a service and then having a faulty phone and no way to use my number.
icon

Best answer by Mohammed 7 September 2018, 16:32

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hi, I got a Sony Xperia xa1 in February and the phone turns itself off intermittently, this has now got so bad hat it's unusable. I took my phone into the west quay store in Southampton and they said it would have to be sent for repair, they said they couldn't offer a courtesy phone as they were all being used and to go to the other Southampton store. I went to the other store and they said that id mobile don't provide courtesy phones. Now my phones in for repair for two weeks and I don't have a phone at all.
So are they just messing me about saying they don't have phones? It's a bit poor paying for a service and then having a faulty phone and no way to use my number.

Hello @Thebosbos,

We're disappointed to hear what you were advised by the second Carphone Warehouse store as this is not correct.

For faulty phones, we'd point you to a Carphone Warehouse store where your phone can be booked in for repair and assessed at our repairs centre.

Loan phones are subject to availability and not something that's guaranteed.

We're sorry that there were no loan phones available in the original branch to be provided to you whilst your handset was in for repair.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?