Solved

i get an upgrade?!??

• 6 April 2018
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
I have a sim only contract with ID, but whenever i open the app to check things like my allowance etc, it tells me

you can upgrade to a new handset
Your're eligible to upgrade to a new phone and plan.

while this sounds amazing i am confused because as far as i was aware my contract is a rolling contract that is sim only so i don't get the ability to upgrade, can anyone clarify this.

also if this is the case would i still be able to keep my current phone when i get a new one?

thanks
george
icon

Best answer by Mohammed 11 April 2018, 10:29

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 2
I think you will find that this is a general offer but only available if you have a phone contract of 12 or 24 months. It would be amazing if iD would give you a new phone just because you have a rolling sim contract, unfortunately it ain't gonna happen. ????
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
I have a sim only contract with ID, but whenever i open the app to check things like my allowance etc, it tells me

you can upgrade to a new handset
Your're eligible to upgrade to a new phone and plan.

while this sounds amazing i am confused because as far as i was aware my contract is a rolling contract that is sim only so i don't get the ability to upgrade, can anyone clarify this.

also if this is the case would i still be able to keep my current phone when i get a new one?

thanks
george

Hey @GeorgeSayles,

Welcome to the iD Community!

If you're on a SIM-only plan you'll notice in the app 2 things.

1) Tariff/Plan change
2) Upgrade to handset

Tariff/plan changes can be done at any time from within the app/account. You can plan change every 30-days. This will just change the tariff you're on, example, you have a plan that has 250 minutes, 5000 texts and 5GB data but want to change your plan to one that has less data. Just head to this section and find a plan you'd prefer and complete the change. This will swap over within 24-hours and we'll calculate your allowances accordingly.

Upgrading to a handset becomes unlocked after 6 months of being on a SIM-only. This is offered to all customers who are eligible and have completed 6 months with us. Some customers who have enjoyed our services may find they want to upgrade to a newer handset. This is done from this option.

Hope that answers your question for you!

Mohammed
Userlevel 1
Mohammed wrote:
Hey @GeorgeSayles,

Welcome to the iD Community!

If you're on a SIM-only plan you'll notice in the app 2 things.

1) Tariff/Plan change
2) Upgrade to handset

Tariff/plan changes can be done at any time from within the app/account. You can plan change every 30-days. This will just change the tariff you're on, example, you have a plan that has 250 minutes, 5000 texts and 5GB data but want to change your plan to one that has less data. Just head to this section and find a plan you'd prefer and complete the change. This will swap over within 24-hours and we'll calculate your allowances accordingly.

Upgrading to a handset becomes unlocked after 6 months of being on a SIM-only. This is offered to all customers who are eligible and have completed 6 months with us. Some customers who have enjoyed our services may find they want to upgrade to a newer handset. This is done from this option.

Hope that answers your question for you!

Mohammed

@Mohammed thanks for the response, it was very clear and helpful i have just one question, you say i am eligible to upgrade my handset, if i were to do this
1) would it cost me money to do so
2) would i have to hand in my current handset
3) is it a difficult process
4) also if i do this would i have to get a firm contract on that handset
thank you for your help

George Sayles
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Sorry for any confusion, your original message:
I have a sim only contract with ID

Said you were on a SIM-only, is that correct George?

If so then the answer to the questions are as follows:
1) would it cost me money to do so

Upgrading your SIM-only to a handset contract won't cost you anything such as an admin fee etc.
But if the handset you're upgrading to has an upfront cost, this is the only type of charge you'd be required to pay.

2) would i have to hand in my current handset

As you're only on a SIM only contract with us, (based on what you advised above) your current handset is your own handset, so you'd keep this.

3) is it a difficult process

It's a straight forward process, just find the deal you want in the upgrade section, follow the steps to process and pay any upfront cost (if there is one).

We'll then process your order and get the handset sent out to you. You might get a new SIM, just contact our LiveChat team who will activate this for you and it'll transfer your number and contract over to the new SIM.

4) also if i do this would i have to get a firm contract on that handset

If you did upgrade from a SIM-only to a handset contract, your new handset would be part of a 24-month contract.

Hope that answers any questions you've got!

Let me know if you need any further help.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?