Question

new contract instead of upgrade

• 12 January 2022
  • 5 replies

I’ve upgraded to a new contract with a new phone number but I’m an existing ID customer. My account hasn’t automatically changed to the new contract, but still on the old one. How do I fix this? 

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Tanyawoods98,

It sounds like you have purchased a new contract instead of upgrading.

Upgrading simply replaces your plan in the app with a new one and keeps your same number.

New contracts are setup like a brand new customer and so needs it’s own account.

To resolve you would be able to return the new contract and then correctly upgrade the old plan via logging into the app/account and clicking My Account then Upgrade

If this is something you want us to do, please let us know and we’ll send you a PM to look into this further.

Mohammed

Hi, 

thanks for your reply. How would I create a new account for the new contract as I want to keep it? 

thanks 

Tanya 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Tanyawoods98,

If you wish to register a new number you can use the link below, but you’ll need to use a new email address.

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-support/manage-your-account/registration

Kash

Hi, thanks for your reply. When I try to register with a new number on the ID mobile app it says the last name I entered is incorrect and I have spelt it right. 
Don’t know how to continue? 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi, thanks for your reply. When I try to register with a new number on the ID mobile app it says the last name I entered is incorrect and I have spelt it right. 
Don’t know how to continue? 

Sounds like the last name used when you placed your order for the new contract was different to the last name you’re using when trying to register.

Have you checked the details emailed back to you in your “Thank You For Your Order Ref XXXXXXXXX” message from iD?

Anyway, good luck.

Why iD Mobile?