Solved

new contract needed??

• 5 March 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

Just had email about deal with iD mobile. Original contract ended some time ago and continue month to month with no probs. Would there be any advantage in taking out new contract ?

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 7 March 2023, 13:39

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I would imagine the iD offer would commit you to another 24-month handset contract @montegalaxy.

Do you want to give-up your rolling one-month iD contract?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @montegalaxy,

Once your current contract ends, you can either:

Upgrade to a new 24-month handset contract

Upgrade to a monhtly or 12-month SIM only contract

Or continue on a rolling out of plan paying what you are at the moment.

If you want a new phone, you can upgrade to a new handset contract to get this.

If you are on an out of contract handset plan, then it may be better to switch to SIM only as it’ll be cheaper for you.

If your currently on a SIM plan and this has ended, you can stay as you are if you are happy or look at upgrading to see other offers.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Most helpful

I need to talk to someone 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Elijahayo,

Welcome to the Community!

How can we help?

If you provide us with as much information as possible regarding your issue we will do our best to answer it.

Please don’t include any personal or sensitive information.

Kash 

Hi there,

I have the same situation as montegalaxy. My original contract ended some time ago and I continue month to month with no problems.

Once the current contract ends, Mohammed mentioned one can do these two options

1)upgrade/change to a monthly contract

2)or  continue on a rolling out of plan paying what you are at the moment.

Please, Mohammed, can you explain...what is the different between those two options, 1 and 2?   I do not understand, as they are month-to-month payments, both of them.

Also, I tried to change my SIM card only plan on the website, and the options offered to me did not specified if they were:  one month plans, 12 month plans, or 24 month plans… how can I know for sure  before selecting a change of plan??.

Thanks a lot.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @anagerbera2014 

A plan change lets you choose a different monthly cost and set of allowances, without changing your handset.

An upgrade, on the other hand, gives you the opportunity of changing plan and getting a brand new handset. However you can also upgrade to a SIM only plan too.

When selecting a new plan it should mention how long the contracted term is, you’ll also be able to double check at checkout or in the basket.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?