Question

why was my tarrif changed

• 3 February 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

I lent my phone to my sister I noticed that my bill had changed and she had changed the torrid without my permission the first thing I did was cancel my direct debit. I want to know why it was changed without my permission. Why now I have paid £120 without my bill clearing and saying payment wasn’t successful but money has come out of my bank! What is going on with your service.

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Ash129505,

If your sister has access to the phone then it is likely that the plan could have been changed through the app however if the bill is £120 then this sounds as though add-ons might have been purchased through the app too so we would recommend checking your bill to view what the associated costs are for.

Usage of the phone and services is of the bill payers responsibility so we will not be able to refund those costs I’m afraid as we have not been at fault.

I would recommend reinstating your Direct Debit too as any missed payments may harm your credit score further down the line if manual payments have not been made.

In regards to the bill not clearing, has your bank confirmed that we took the money or has the payment been stopped/returned?

Ryan

Userlevel 1

I have evidence in the forms of bank statement screenshots from my online banking of payments going out of my account to a account called ID my Account. I didn’t screen shot the first but the ank are suggesting the there is an authorisation error on ID mobiles side because the money has cleared from my bank so they need to allow or confirm the payment or something. I didn’t really understand what it was n about. But money has left my bank after making manual payments 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Ash129505 

We would advise speaking to our Live Chat | iD Mobile Network team so they can see if the balance has been cleared. 

-Mohsin

Why iD Mobile?