F.A.Q.

How do I upgrade my phone online?

• 30 July 2021
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge

Discover everything you need to know about upgrading your mobile phone using the iD Mobile app or the My Account online.  

How to upgrade your iD Mobile phone online

Checking if you can upgrade your handset is an ideal time make sure that your calls, texts and data allowances are working for you. If you feel you need some more data to browse the web freely when you’re on the go, you can select a plan with a greater allowance to avoid running out before your airtime renews, or any additional charges are incurred.  

Of course, it works the other way too. If you’re left with too many remaining minutes at the end of the month, why not use the upgrade process to limit your allowances and reduce your monthly bill? 

It’s easy to upgrade with iD Mobile. Just follow the steps below: 

1. Log in to the iD Mobile app or My Account online 

1. If you’re eligible for an upgrade, you’ll see a new tile on the Dashboard. Click View all upgrade deals to see what’s available  

1. If you don’t see it, you can still see if you’re eligible by going to the My Account page and selecting Check if I can upgrade. If you can, you’ll be taken to a page where you can view our available deals 

1. Select your phone and plan and click Continue 

1. Confirm your details are correct and complete your order 

What new plan or phone can I upgrade to?

That depends on your current plan, your credit rating, payment history, and also what we've got available in-store or online. 

Can I cancel my upgrade?

If you upgraded online or over the phone, you can cancel your upgrade within 14 days. Once you do this, you’ll receive a refund and revert to your original plan. However, if you have upgraded in-store, you can’t cancel your upgrade. You can only cancel your upgrade if you have upgraded through the app or online. What do I do if I’m having problems upgrading?

If you’re having problems upgrading with iD Mobile, we have provided a few reasons why you might be having issues and how you can fix these.  

I purchased a new SIM instead of an upgrade

If you take out a new plan from our website, it's not classed as an upgrade. It's simply treated as a new plan, even if you're eligible for an upgrade. You'll also be unable to keep your existing iD Mobile number. That's why we always recommend you upgrade via the eligibility checker. 

I haven’t received my new SIM

You’ll only receive a new SIM as part of your upgrade if you requested one when you processed your upgrade. Your new plan allowances will be available to use on your current SIM.

If you requested a replacement SIM as part of your upgrade, your new SIM card will usually be delivered separately by Royal Mail and may arrive a few days after the phone. Your new plan allowances should be available to use on your old SIM, so if it fits in your new phone, you can continue to use it. If you need us to send replacement SIM, please speak to one of our Live Chat agents. 

My upgrade order is failing because the 1p transaction isn’t going through 

The 1p transaction is taken to verify that it’s you upgrading your phone. The most common reason this transaction fails is a data mismatch, so please check that the name and address we have on our system matches exactly to the details your bank holds. 

Also, if you’re ordering online, make sure that you have pop-ups enabled. 

If you’re still having problems, please contact us on Live Chat.

This topic has been closed for comments
Why iD Mobile?