Skip to main content

My son has lost his phone. He created new account, as we’ve all been forced to do, but he cannot connect his id mobile phone number. I read that this is a common problem but I haven’t read any solutions. He got a replacement SIM from Curry’s but cannot activate it because he cannot access his account. My only option seems to be for him to get a new SIM only account and SIM from another company and cancel his direct debit. Maybe this comes with other problems. Can anyone help? Also, I understand that iDmobile is cheap because we can’t get real time help with issues but these issues take so much time to resolve and it’s so frustrating. Maybe it’s better to just pay more? Can you read the desperation in my text? Lol. Oh well. I don’t expect to get an answer anyway. 

•  

Hey there @Carol Cownley, welcome to Community!

Please can you contact our live-chat ASAP, to get the replacement SIM card activated, and also to help with the login issues:

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/live-chat

Thanks,

Tyler

Thanks. He’s tried that. Same problem because his account won’t recognise his id mobile phone number. I see no other option other than to get a new SIM with a new provider and cancel the direct debit? This is totally inconvenient. I expect idmobile will be quick to contact us when we stop paying. So frustrating. 

Just worth noting that cancelling the direct debit doesn’t cancel your iD contract, @Carol Cownley

The iD contract would continue without a payment method, and may fall into arrears. Missed payments would be marked on your credit file, and sometimes the arrears is passed to a debt collection agency. 

Thank you. But how can he cancel his contract without access to his account or the app, please? 

Perhaps it’s possible using the iD automated phone service, @Carol Cownley

Call 7777 from the handset with your son’s iD SIM - hopefully there’s a cancellation option. 

Otherwise, your son could try sending a PM to iD support on Facebook Messenger or X (formerly Twitter).

Another option is for your son to get a PAC by sending “PAC” to 65075 from his iD SIM. When the PAC is used by his new provider, they arrange for the iD account to be closed, which ends the contract.

@Carol Cownley - please follow this guide:

Thanks.