Skip to main content

My son has lost his phone. He created new account, as we’ve all been forced to do, but he cannot connect his id mobile phone number. I read that this is a common problem but I haven’t read any solutions. He got a replacement SIM from Curry’s but cannot activate it because he cannot access his account. My only option seems to be for him to get a new SIM only account and SIM from another company and cancel his direct debit. Maybe this comes with other problems. Can anyone help? Also, I understand that iDmobile is cheap because we can’t get real time help with issues but these issues take so much time to resolve and it’s so frustrating. Maybe it’s better to just pay more? Can you read the desperation in my text? Lol. Oh well. I don’t expect to get an answer anyway. 

Hey @Carol Cownley,

Please can you clarify what you mean by “create new account?” - is this referring to the iD Mobile app?

Thanks.

Yes. I had to do the same. His won’t accept his new number which prevents him from accessing app. He also can’t activate his sim of the Live Chat. 
I see no other option other than to get a new SIM with a new provider and cancel the direct debit? This is totally inconvenient. I expect idmobile will be quick to contact us when we stop paying. So frustrating. 

@Carol Cownley - there a few methods to activate a SIM, please refer to the On our website section of this article. I’ve also sent you a Private Message to get more details to view the account.

Thanks.