Skip to main content
Question

Barring access to gambling sites

• 27 August 2024
  • 5 replies

How do I bar access to gambling sites? Disabling adult content doesn't seem to include gambling websites.

Thanks

Hi there @Timmytommy, welcome to Community!

Please try enabling/disabling the adult content filter, and see if this helps.

If not, please note that Three UK simply block usage of some websites on their network, which we cannot control I’m afraid, and these simply won’t work on data.

Wi-Fi will be needed for some websites.

Thank you,

Tyler

Adult content was already blocked but gambling sites remained accessible.

Hi @Timmytommy,

Some websites may not be blocked automatically unfortunately.

Are you able to manually block the site via your browser.

Kash

Thanks I'll try that

A little more technical, but quite reliable:  DNS

Domain Name Service is what translates www.whateverbollox.com into the sets of numbers computers actually use to identify each other on the network.

On an actual computer, the following is as simple as editing a text file. On a hand computer you may need to install a DNS server, point the phone at that in it’s network settings - then in the DNS server’s config (without knowing *which* server is used, precise steps are unfeasible) set the offending targets to: 127.0.0.1  -=- This is a “loopback” IP that will bounce traffic back to you. So each time, say a browser, attempts to lookup www.whateverbollox.com it gets returned loopback. As I anticipate you’re not running HTTP servers this should produced an error page. You could run a server, and have these redirects served  with something more imaginative than an error page.…