Skip to main content

I’m on an unlimited plan so I haven’t accessed the app or my account in over a year. I only looked at the app today since I needed to update my email address. 

Old app said it was experiencing a high number of users and wouldn’t let me sign in with my PIN and the new app update shows the most 1-star reviews I’ve ever seen on the Google Play store. Due to login issues, I had no choice but to update only to get asked to re-register. Same thing though the website - please register. Why should I have to register a new account when I already have one? I’ve no idea why and anyone from iD Mobile who claims that a new app requires a new account is talking nonsense. 

My old account (connected to my old email address) has been continuing to receive email notifications since I joined iD Mobile without issue, so the account was never deleted or anything. I’ve no idea what happens to that old account or how to connect to it.

So I’ve registered my new email address and created a new account. It shows my plan and everything as it should which is reassuring. New email address has received confirmation of the account creation. 

My old email address also got an email notifying me “The mobile number ending ---- has been successfully added to your iD online account”. … … Huh???

Somehow the my old email address, which was not used in creation of the new account, nor is mentioned at all under my new account settings (as far as I can see) is still receiving notifications. 

How the old and new account are linked I have no idea. It seems completely bizarre. Nor do I have any idea how to stop my old email address from receiving email notifications.

I seem to be a late to the party when it comes to this issue. I’ll post this here in case anyone else wasn’t aware. 

Feel free to discuss.

Hey @SofaPanda,

Sounds like your old email is associated with your plan, which is different to the email you used to register for the iD Mobile app, you can change it here:

Our old app was decommissioned in March due to out of date technologies. 

Thanks.