Skip to main content

I had an account that was in default (impossible to get in touch with ID resulting in me not being able to change my bank details) I’ve since cleared the amount (may 1st 2024) and my credit file still has not been updated. I’m looking to get a mortgage and it’s ruining my chances of doing so. I’ve attempted to get in touch and have ID update my account to equifax, Experian etc however it’s been to no avail. Nobody seems to be able to help when I do eventually get to speak to someone. This is hands down the worst customer service I’ve ever had to deal with. And ID know it because they have no phone number option to speak with them, live chat is your only chance and they aren’t helpful… at all! 

Hey @RhysT11,

We’re unable to update credit files. You’l have to contact the Credit Agencies directly.

Thanks.

@Matthew T  I don’t think that’s correct as when I made the first payment my credit file was updated to reflect this and since then it hasn’t been updated. So someone somewhere at ID mobile must have updated equifax or another credit agency that I had made a payment to reduce the outstanding balance? 

After a quick search online @RhysT11, I’ve found the following:

A default will stay on your credit file for six years from the date of default, regardless of whether you pay off the debt. But the good news is that once your default is removed, the lender won’t be able to re-register it, even if you still owe them money. Source.

Is the outstanding balance on your Credit File now showing as £0?

Here’s a link with more information how how to dispute your Credit File:

https://www.experian.com/blogs/ask-experian/credit-education/faqs/how-to-dispute-credit-report-information/

Thanks.