Question

Userlevel 1

I have been trying for WEEKS to log in both with the app and online. Because I received error messages each time I tried email addess, password and phone number, I had to keep making changes and have frequently been sent reset and verification emails . I have tried with three different browsers. Nothing enabled me to actually log in...except to this community, which somehow has succeeded.So by now I have no idea how to proceed in order to log in to my account..

13 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @MiFi, the iD Community login is completely independent and separate to login for the iD app and “My iD Account” online. 

Whoever developed the new iD app and “My iD Account” online services, has caused issues for some customers, who appear to have ongoing problems with both applications. 

It might be less hassle and less stressful to just switch to another service provider, @MiFi.

Userlevel 1

So...not only is no-one at id mobile dealing with this issue that a good deal of users are experiencing, the system also marks my query ‘solved’ when the ‘solution’ was another member suggesting dumping id mobile!

Please don’t say that id mobile is actually run by one man and his dog….but there is no man, and  maybe just a virtual dog?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @MiFi 

The system doesn’t mark answers as solved on it’s own, this would typically be done by the owner of the post.

Have you actually registered to the new iD Mobile app before attempting to log in?

We are aware of some issues with the iD Mobile app and apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Tom

Userlevel 1

Hi Tom,

Jut to be sure…..

I checked that I had the latest id mobile app on my android phone.

I put in my phone number, last name, dob.

Error message ‘Sorry, your details do not match our records. Please try again’.

So I try the details on my other account (I have two sim accounts).

Same error message.

The only way foward is a re-direct to id mobile home page, by saying I don’t have an id mobile  number!

That is why I posted on this forum.

There are many users in a similar situation and it is beyond frustrating why no-one at id mobile is offering anything at all………

Meanwhile id mobile keep sending me emails saying how wonderful everything is…..and these emails confirm the last few digits of my phone number and arrive at presumably an email address that they recognise since they are sending to it.

I use that address, log in...and get error messages, so change the password. This password change is then confirmed by id mobile by email and I verify each time.

Then I can not login (again….).

So it goes on, and on.

Both on android app, and also on pc using three different browsers.

Userlevel 1

PS….Tom, your info re marking answers solved is not correct.

I am the ‘owner of the post’ and I was informed by email that the one reply I had was ‘marked as the most helpful answer’ then the issue was marked solved.

Not by me it wasn’t!

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi @MiFi,

Not sure why the flagged as ‘Most Helpful’. I’ve unmarked it for you. To confirm, the iD Community uses different log-in credentials to the iD Mobile app & My Account online. I’d recommend chatting with our Live Chat team to confirm we hold the same personal information that you’re using to register for the App. If that is the case, then please message me back and I will escalate further.

Thanks.

Userlevel 1

If by LIve Chat you mean the non-human help service - yes I tried that a couple of times and it is impossible to get anything answered that is not in the list of questions it suggests.

Can you please give me a link or phone number or something so that I can verify my details and then hopefully establish an account...because there seems to be no way of doing anything except posting on this forum!

(And...yes...I am fully aware that log in to this place is different from the log in to one’s id mobile account).

I used to log in to my account….then ‘improvements’ or whatever were made, and it has been impossible to get anwhere since.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Morning @MiFi,

I was addressing your initial message about how you could log in to Community, just wanted to confirm why that was the case! For our Live Chat, simply type "Speak to someone" (I believe you have to do this twice) and you will be connected through to an agent.

Thanks.

Having joined iD back in January since the new app was introduced I am unable to login to either the App or online. Removed the app from my IPhone & reloaded from the app store still no joy. The app advises success then told that my details are not recognised same when I login online. Can’t download invoices for work expenses so the cost cannot be claimed. Tried time & time again to login but always the same answers. Having used all the main providers over the last 30 years I should have followed my daughters advice to stay clear. No one seems to have the answer or offers to resolve the problem, there’s only so many times “sorry” is acceptable. This could be the longest 2 years of my life before I can change provider. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Terry1957 

Sorry to hear this, have you tried instead using the app using the website to try and register/log in?

Tom

Tom, I’ve tried both options & continually get the message that my details are not recognised. I don’t know what else to try!!!!

Userlevel 1

Hi Terry,

mine was the original query above. This may help:

In the end, I followed ‘Matthew T’’s suggestion above. I went to ‘live chat’ and perservered with ‘speak with someone’ and eventually what seemed like a human chatted with me. Their language was laced with seemingly robotic cliches so I’ve no idea whether there was indeed a human component….but it lead me to establishing my info was correct, and I then managed to actually log in to the web-based interface!

I just tried to log in now, and after trying three browsers and 2 or 3 attempts...managed to actually get through. So it ‘kind of’ works for me curently…...

That will have to do for now, since I can at least now see what’s gong on in my account.

The id mobile setup is incredibly flaky, and they are not particularly holding their hands up to admitting what’s really going on, and unforunately they are merely doing what an increasing number of other services are doing in our world.

Thanks MiFi,

I’ve tried most things & spoken to an advisor but still no joy. My only option is to keep trying as the last time I had human contact with iD they advised that the app will be up & running for all soon, that was about 6 weeks ago. I really don’t understand why it is so difficult.