Skip to main content

I am in the process of changing my O2 mobile number to iD mobile and want to keep my number. I have sorted my PAC code and successfully got my iD mobile number. However on my account it just shows only the iD mobile number. 

Can anyone point me in the right direction please as to how to transfer my old number to my new iD mobile?

Jacqui Davies

Give your PAC (from O2) to iD Mobile, @HappyGoth.

This forum article might help in this situation.

Hi Andewhite

Thanks for your swift reply. The article is useful. So for what I’ve read I have to wait a day or so for the number to come over to iD mobile. 

Here’s the iD Mobile timescales for number switching: 

Hi. 

I waited yesterday for the confirmation that my old number would be live by 10.00pm as expected. Nothing happened. I sent my PAC code etc well before 5.30pm on Monday. Now at 2.40pm I am still waiting! Could someone advise when this will be sorted please?

Many thanks 

Hey there @HappyGoth, welcome to Community!

Are you still awaiting this number transfer to complete please?

Thank you,

Tyler

Hi Tyler. You’ll be very pleased that everything is now working. Thanks

I’ve only had a partial switch can’t use iMessage or FaceTime on my number and my phone is still showing my IDMobile number very frustrating 

I’ve only had a partial switch can’t use iMessage or FaceTime on my number and my phone is still showing my IDMobile number very frustrating 

Try a NETWORK RESET, @MJoyner79.

The iOS user guide covers the reset procedures.

Try a NETWORK RESET, @MJoyner79.

The iOS user guide covers the reset procedures

tried this and still no joy.

Hi @MJoyner79,

Welcome to the Community!

Please can you try the below and it should work for you.

1)    Turn off iMessage (Settings > Messages)
2)    Restart your phone (by pressing and holding the on/off button)
3)    Tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct. 
4)    If it is not correct, please enter the correct number
5)    Turn iMessage back to On (Settings > Messages)
6)    Finally, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under “Start new conversations from:”. 

Kash