Question

'Oops something went wrong' on app - no account access

Userlevel 1

I recently switched away from ID Mobile for a very short period then switched back to a new contract. The phone is working fine but and I can get into the app, but it persistently says ‘oops something went wrong’ when i try and do anything. It shows my name and number but no information about plan, services etc. 

In other words it is completely useless. I have tried reinstalling the app, no joy. If i try to delete my account, it just says ‘Oops something went wrong’. There is no one to contact to speak to about this and the canned responses from the ‘Live Chat’ are beyond useless for this.

Same experience when accessing via desktop app as mobile one.

Can anyone help me?

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @hi2gav,

Welcome to the Community!

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Hi? Can you help please? Not heard anything further. Thanks

Userlevel 1

Hi. My new account is now 26 days old and i am still completely unable to access and administer it from the ID mobile app. Please see attached screenshot and please help me to resolve.

Thanks,

Gavin

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Is your “My iD Account” online (at https://my.idmobile.co.uk/login) working, @hi2gav?

Userlevel 1

Thanks for the fast reply, no same thing when logging in on desktop.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Ah well @hi2gav, unfortunately some customers still seem to be having issues using the ‘new’ iD app and “My iD Account” online services following the system upgrade in April ‘24.

Userlevel 1

Oh! That’s not very good then is it? So there is a known issue, no direct channel for customer servicing and despite knowing about an issue affecting customers, they have not communicated it? That’s really poor, i cannot so much as see my bill or access my settings. What on earth do i do?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Indeed @hi2gav - perhaps the only fallback is call 7777 from your iD SIM card, or try using the online Live Chat service (again) while the issues persist. 

Otherwise, maybe for less hassle and stress, just switch to another service provider, @hi2gav

Userlevel 1

Thanks, I’ve just started a new 24 month term so not sure that is practical! I will try 7777.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Thanks, I’ve just started a new 24 month term so not sure that is practical! I will try 7777.

Perhaps worth checking if you’re still within the cooling-off period of the new contract, @hi2gav.

Userlevel 1

Thanks for your advice as i called 7777 and after being put through a few people, we got it resolved. It was only luck really, they were stuck but i recommended trying ‘Add new subscription’. I put in the details the system already had and hey presto this time it logged in with full access and functionality. So thats another pain in my backside dealt with! Cheers

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @hi2gav 

Thanks for the tip there, glad to hear it could get sorted.

Tom