Skip to main content

Absolute disgrace of a service. I am waiting 11 days already trying to get my PAC code.  No emails have been received, can’t use my original phone number as they are are holding it. Can’t access my banks and any other services as they are linked to my mobile number.  They keep saying there are tech issues, wait 48 hours, then another 48 hours, then 72 hours.  Registered compliant, now waiting another 72 hours.
I am getting absolutely nowhere with them. How difficult is it to get PAC code…. I don’t owe them anything, just want to get my number back.  Never again.   

Hi @Viktor Ieromin 

Did you text PAC to 65075 using your iD SIM? If so, you should have been sent the code via text message quite quickly.
You can also request a PAC code online...
In the iD Mobile app or My Account Online.Open the iD Mobile app or log-in to My Account Online. Tap 'Plan'. Tap 'Leave iD'. Tap 'Get PAC code'. Tap 'Yes, proceed' 
Even when you receive a PAC code your number should still be ‘in use’ with iD Mobile. It is ONLY when the code is redeemed, with the network you want to move to, will your service be disrupted and only until your number is transferred over which can take up to 36 hrs. Once this is done your account will also be closed with your old provider but your account will need to paid for up to the transfer date.
A PAC code will automatically expire after 30 days if not used.
I don’t understand how your number has been ‘put on hold’ if you have only requested a PAC code as this wouldn’t affect your account in any way until you start the transfer.
Is your account paid up to date? Have you checked the status of your account to see if there is another reason your number has been suspended?
I think you need to get on the Live Chat (Just type in “talk to a person” to bypass all the useless questions of the bot) and don’t let them fob you off until they have reinstated your number so that it is working again and then request a new PAC code as you can request one as often as you like.

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/live-chat

I hope you get this sorted x

I can't text to the number you mentioned as I don't have access to my id mobile number, I'm using temporary Lebara number. My id mobile is the one I transferred from EE to id mobile and is no longer working, awaiting PAC. I've been in touch with live chat agents on average 5 times a day for the last 11 days and going back in circles. They tried to re activate my e SIM card again just for me to receive PAC code, and it's just not activating on my phone at all. 'unable to activate network, please contact id mobile' error.

I can't request anything from online account for the same reason. When I mention my id mobile number, it wants to send me an SMS to that number to confirm it and I don't have access to that number.  So I can't log in to that.

What probably happened is I cancelled my account first (2 days since I took it out) and then asked for PAC code.  The issue is still with tech team and nobody can solve it.  I contacted the complaints team yesterday and the day before and they said that tech team tried to use my email and a phone sending the PAC number to me, but I never received anything.  I just don't know what to do now. 

Hi @Viktor Ieromin,

Welcome to the Community!

In order to get assistance with your query, please contact our Live Chat Team using the link below:

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/live-chat

If you require further assistance, please let us know.

Kash

Oh dear @Viktor Ieromin 😮 sounds like a complete nightmare!
Are you wanting to move to another network and that is why you have requested a PAC code from iD Mobile?
Apologies if I say anything that sounds condescending but I have no knowledge of E-SIMS and how they work.
I did a quick search on the internet (‘unable to activate network error esim mobile phone’) and found this website that may have an answer…
https://esim.holafly.com/how-to/esim-not-working/

It may be worth doing a bit of research (for your phone make/model) on the internet to see if you can find an answer e.g. reinstalling esim

Can you contact Live-Chat again to request another PAC code via email (don’t forget to confirm your email address with them) and ask them to hold the chat open whilst they send it and it’s confirmed by you that it has been received? Or can they supply one via the chat?
Other than that it may be that you just start afresh and get a new e-sim with a new number and then you get a working service again. I know it’s not ideal but the longer it takes the longer you are without service and your number may well be lost anyhow with you closing the account before requesting a PAC code.
I do hope that you find an answer!
Good Luck x