Skip to main content

My plans phones will not receive calls. I have two phones on plans for my two sons. They cannot receive calls. This is since the new app was launched. The new app would not let me log in using my old details and so I created a new sign on and registered the phones. So far, so good, but their phones will not receive calls. If this carries on, I am leaving ID mobile. There is no way to talk to anybody and have been told, via their website, that if I cancel the direct debit my credit rating will be affected. Now I am not sure whether I am going to be paying two lots of direct debits for the same two phones. Bot chat doesn’t fire up, this website takes you directly to other peoples chats without letting me free type and seems deliberately orchestrated to avoid any direct contact. ID mobile, please contact me directly.

Hi @Neil Cullimore,

Welcome to the Community!

The link below may help you out.

It may be worth ensuring VoLTE is enabled on your handset.

Kash

Thanks Kash. Been to Currys taken advice there, taken advice here…..looks like three of our four phones no longer meet new compatibility requirements. My phone works to make mobile calls but will not make calls to the domestic phone line but will take calls to it from the domestic phone line. Looks like I’m going to have to obtain the PAC codes and move elsewhere which is a shame since we have been with you for over ten years.

Hi @Neil Cullimore,

Sorry to hear that.

I would advise that you have this checked with our Live Chat Team.

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/live-chat

The team can take a look at your issue and hopefully troubleshoot it.

However if the issue is due to 3G being deactivated and your device not supporting 4G you may need to purchase a new handset.

Kash

Thanks Kash. All four phones are 4G capable. Three are Motorola G6’s and worked fine and now do not. Mine is 4G/5G capable being a Motorola G82. The fact that the 3G network has been switched off should not affect these phones but I note that the G6 is listed as incompatible…...why? ID mobile need to acknowledge that their recent SW/network change has affected many users who are able to use other providers services using these phones and issue a statement about it. I would appreciate it if someone could explain why a 4G phone will not work just because the 3G network has been switched off? Doesn’t make sense. Perhaps the issue needs to be broadcast further than here so that some urgency is attached to it.

Regards

Neil

Morning Kash,

Oh…..Live Chat will not load…..have tried numerous times over the past week. I presume this is because the service has been overloaded with enquiries. From a customer point of view, the service now being offered is not fit for purpose. If you do mean to help then provide me with a phone number so that I can talk to an agent directly. As it stands, it looks to me that ID mobile is avoiding direct contact by (a) continual referral to a ‘Live Chat’ service  which does not function and (b) taking 5 days to get an answer that refers me to the same service that does not work.

This situation will be referred to The Times and other appropriate agencies in less than 5 days unless I get some meaningful answers soon. I have a copy of all correspondence. I thank you for replying at all but do not help one iota - I realize that this probably an issue outside your control and you are trying to do your best. My complaint is not aimed at you directly.

Regards,

Neil

Hi @Neil Cullimore 

We couldn’t say why a device is incompatible, only that it isn’t officially supported, therefore couldn’t officially comment or promise that it’d work on our network.

It may be worth checking the following too;

It’s taken 5 days to get an answer as this is the community, we’re unfortunately not always quick for responses here, for a quicker service, we’d recommend using the Live Chat, Facebook or Twitter. I’ve just tried the live chat via Google Chrome and it’s working just fine.

You are free to report this ‘situation’ to whomever you wish to. If you wish to make a complaint, please see the following;

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/complaints-procedure

Tom

Thanks for replying Tom. If you read the previous correspondence, you will see that I have mentioned (at least twice) that Live Chat does not load…….it is inoperative, defunct, dead. Please suggest, knowing this, how I contact your support team.

Neil

In addition, I have read and looked at your ‘3G is being switched off…….’ multiple times and checked those items. You will no doubt have read my previous posts which state that I have four 4G phones that now no longer work. This is not to do with our phones but your network. Given the negative publicity this is likely to attract, I would have thought you would be much keener to get in contact with me, if only to express some genuine concern. So far, zilch.

Regards,

Neil

Hi @Neil Cullimore 

Live Chat is currently working as normal, if you cannot access it it may be a problem with your browser, ad blocker, device etc.

You mention it isn’t to do with the phones as there’s four of them, however all four of them (Three G6’s and one G82) are all unsupported by iD Mobile officially, it may well be that.

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/approved-handsets

Tom