Question

Unable to login into iD mobile app

• 17 June 2024
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

I’ve just joined iD mobile and my old mobile number has transferred over.  I am trying to set the app on my phone but it won’t accept my original mobile number from my previous provider and when I input the iD mobile number from my order it states it is sending me an text message with a code that I never receive.  Can you please help me get the app set up?

7 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Unfortunately @jomiz76, the iD forum members here can’t see iD customers accounts.

Maybe try the online iD Live Chat service, or Facebook Messenger for help with your iD app issues.

The advisers work until 8pm on weekdays.

Userlevel 1

Thanks for responding @andewhite I did a live chat and was told to wait 24 hours as my number has only transferred today. I'll wait and hopefully I'll be to access the app in a couple of days.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Probably better to wait 48-hours before trying to register, @jomiz76

The iD Mobile back-end systems seem to take longer than you’d expect to reflect ported-in number changes.

Userlevel 1

@andewhite Thank you. I'm also having an issue where I can make calls and send sms messages but when people try to reply their message doesn't send and if they try to call it states "number not recognised". Is this all part of the porting process?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Have you been told your port has completed, @jomiz76?

Sometimes iD don’t finish number ports until 10pm on the day scheduled for switching.

Userlevel 1

I've only received notification from o2 that my number has been transferred and closed with them earlier this afternoon so I inserted my iD mobile SIM. Nothing received from iD yet.

I'm assuming the transfer may still be going on in the background?

Thanks for helping @andewhite 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

They usually send a message once port has completed. 

Your port seems to have started quite late in the day, so 10pm completion might be on the cards.

Maybe turn off your handset until 10pm, then check again.

🤞