Solved

cant register as details are wrong

Userlevel 1

I’ve spent 3 days trying to register an account for the ID mobile app, but it keeps on saying my details are incorrect but that can’t be true since I know my date of birth and last name.

icon

Best answer by Will 3 October 2020, 11:14

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Soma_k,

does your surname contain a hyphen at all? If so, removing this should solve the problem. 

If not let us know and we’ll send you a Private Message to assist.

Will

I am having the same issue. It is not allowing me to register as my details are apparently wrong. No hyphenated name either. I really need to fix this to cancel my old contract so I need help ASAP with this. I’ve tried everything i can think of with no success 

Userlevel 1

Hi @Soma_k,

does your surname contain a hyphen at all? If so, removing this should solve the problem. 

If not let us know and we’ll send you a Private Message to assist.

Will

Nope my surname contains no hyphen at all, it’s just not working!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Kirstie P and @Soma_k,

We’ll send you both a PM so we can check the details and advise.

It’s possible that the details were recorded incorrectly at purchase.

Mohammed

I no longer have access to the old email account I gave when I bought the sim.

I don’t have the mobile number as I never registered or used the sim.

I only have the bank details I pay the monthly bill with. I want to pay the outstanding £30 on my account and register the sim to start using it.

I bought the sim over 3 years ago and have paid £15 per month since as an emergency and only now am I planning on using it.

can I be found on the system?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I no longer have access to the old email account I gave when I bought the sim.

I don’t have the mobile number as I never registered or used the sim.

I only have the bank details I pay the monthly bill with. I want to pay the outstanding £30 on my account and register the sim to start using it.

I bought the sim over 3 years ago and have paid £15 per month since as an emergency and only now am I planning on using it.

can I be found on the system?

Hey @David Radford,

You definitely need someone to lookup your iD account.

The quickest and easiest way is using the iD Live Chat service, to contact an iD customer service agent between 9am - 8pm weekdays.

You can use any phone number to start your chat, and after connecting to chat type “talk to a person”, to speak directly with an iD agent - good luck!

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @David Radford, the team should be able to find your account using other criteria. I’d recommend contacting the FacebookTwitter or Live Chat teams so they can take a look.

Thank you,

Rory

I have been with ID for a year. Today I desided to register with the app and it tells me that my details are incorrect. Wat is there that I can do? 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I have been with ID for a year. Today I desided to register with the app and it tells me that my details are incorrect. Wat is there that I can do? 

If your surname has a hyphen/s, leave the hyphen/s out when entering your name details in the iD Mobile registration page.

Otherwise, use Live Chat and ask an iD customer service agent to assist.

Once you’re connected on chat, type “talk to a person” for assistance from an agent.

The agents work 9am - 8pm weekdays, and 9am - 6pm weekends.

I also can't register because apparently my details are wrong. I get a green tick against my mobile number so it must be either my surname or year of birth that are wrong. My surname is very simple, 5 letters and no hyphens. I couldn't submit my PAC code either, which doesn't require year of birth so I'm convinced it's my surname that is the cause of the problem. Not a great start.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Catherine Nolan 

Are you still having issues with this?

I’d double check and make sure that all the details you’re using are exactly correct, with the PAC code, existing number, new iD number it can be easy to mix up a few numbers!

I’d recommend getting in contact with us on the iD Mobile Live Chat so we can look specifically into you account and figure out what the exact issue is!

Tom

My uncle is trying to register his account so he can upgrade and remove data cap, it’s saying his details are incorrect but he knows his own surname & date of birth! He can’t access internet because of the data cap and no way of getting in touch with iD. How can he register please?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Katie2022,

Is he able to get in touch so we can look into this with him? We can only speak to the account holder regarding their own account.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?