Solved

Deleting my ID online account to re-use the username

• 2 January 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi, can anyone tell me how to delete my online I'd account. I cancelled a contract and took on a new one, when I log in online to see my usage it's got all my old plan details as I can't see how to change them. I'm hoping if I can delete the whole account I can re register with my new plan- I do not have another email address to make a new account as I'm already using my other one for my daughter's account. 

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 3 January 2023, 16:17

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Danim,

It’s not possible to delete an old account or unlink a username you have used already.

You will need to register again and use a different email username.

This is only needed to log-in and you can re-use the same contact email which is where we send any emails about the accounts.

Mohammed

Is there a way to take the existing plan off and put a new plan on if you can't unlink/delete? I'm not about to start creating random email addresses just to be able to register again but I can't currently see my data usage or look at options on my account when it comes to upgrading/changing. It seems rather unhelpful.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Danim,

The account can’t be replaced unfortunately.

If the username has been used, it has been linked to that account so the only way is to register with a different username.

As I mentioned, this is only used to log-in.

You can keep your contact email the same as your old one which is where we sent emails.

You can create a new email address witihn a few minutes which can be used.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

The idea that accounts are never deleted is amazing. I still cannot use my sons email for his idmobile account, because it says “That username is already in use”. I can still log in to the old account despite it expiring in Jan 2020, which is over 3 years ago. I keep having to make new gmail addresses every time I get a new contract. Surely you must have a clear out of old dormant and no longer active accounts, as I am sure the GDPR regulations might come into play, in respect to holding on to peoples names and addresses despite the account being closed for 3 years.

Why iD Mobile?