Skip to main content

I've had this issue with the last couple of phones I've had where Bluetooth will periodically stop working with my cars infotainment system. Bluetooth will randomly disconnect audio only, but still connects for calls. Re-pairing, restarting the phone, and resetting the infotainment system does nothing to fix this. 

This has also happened with multiple cars, seems to be completely random, and lasts a few weeks, before randomly starting to work again. 

After googling this appears to be a Samsung issue. I'm now 6 months into my new contract and the really don't want the have to put up with this for another 18 months. I regularly use Bluetooth in my car for music and navigation, so without audio it's useless

Is there anything that can be done?

Hey there @LessThanDave89, welcome to Community!

We’re sorry to hear you’ve had issues with Bluetooth. If you’ve had this issue with numerous phones, and numerous cars, then it’s unlikely an iD specific issue I’m afraid. As you’ve mentioned it may be a Samsung issue in general, there’s not much we can advise other than contact them directly for assistance, and see if they can troubleshoot with you.

If your phone is still in Warranty, then you can take it to a Currys store to have it looked at, and see if they can provide further assistance for you.

Thank you,

Tyler