Skip to main content

Since Sept 6th I've not been able to send SMS. I can receive them and make calls.

I'm using a Pixel 8 Pro. I've been through various troubleshooting with ID and Google but got no answer.

Checked all the relevant settings I've been told to. Reset network settings. Updated system software to latest beta. Tried SIM in another phone. Nothing has worked.

The only other thing I have seen online is something about VOLTE settings. I don't have this option in phone settings. When entering short cod *#*#4636#*#* (or something like that) it shows VOLTE is provisioned but greyed out.

@Redsheep79 -

Have you tried disabling RCS? I know this has caused issues for Pixel owners in the past.

1. Open Messages.
  2. Tap ‘More Options’.
  3. Tap ‘Settings’.
  4. Tap ‘RCS chats’.
  5. Turn off RCS chats.

Thank you, yes already tried that

@Redsheep79 -

How about these steps? Also try dial code: #330*0000#

Thanks.

Done that one too thanks.

ID Mobile support and Google support seem to have exhausted all options.

There is a coincidental (or maybe not) event in that my phone did a security update on 5th September and I've only had the issue since. However SIM has been tried in another phone (which didn't have the update) and then put my current phone in the beta update but still not worked.

I'm going to ID store next to try a different SIM card in my phone then may well end up getting replacement SIM if that works

Let me know how you get on with a replacement SIM @Redsheep79.

Thanks.

At the store I tried old SIM in another couple of phones and same issue.

Got a new SIM and activated and still can't send messages.

So seems to be not SIM or phone related. Maybe an issue with my account at ID? I'll get on the phone to them tomorrow.

@Redsheep79 -

Let me know how you get on. Thanks.

They're stumped. Waiting for the tech iCal team to get back to me.

I have suggested a "profile reset" of my ID account as we seem to have exhausted everything else.

I have the exact same issue, I can't send a text message and when it does eventually send, it takes hours to send. 

It just says, can't send message, it will send once network becomes available 

@Redsheep79 -

Okay, we’ll wait and hear what the technical team say. @Holly_x, which device are you using?

Thanks.

@Matthew T I am a samsung flip 5, managed to get through to customer service via the chat and I had to turn on the VoLtE setting on and that has seemed to solve the trick 🤷‍♀️

Glad that turning on VoLTE resolved things @Holly_x. Thanks.