Skip to main content

Wow, new to ID and the Three network and has to be the worst experience of any network, so interested if anyone else are having the same issues. 

Recently switched from Vodafone to ID and took a new iPhone 15Pro. Had done some initial research on my area with Three network and all looked ok so when ahead.

Subsequently, I constantly lose signal strength and seems random as if it changes with the wind. I can go from 4 bars 5G to 3G and then to nothing and then back to 5G. 

I can sit at 5G and try to call our only for the call attempt to fail after trying to connect for 30+ seconds (and this is not to just one number). I can then call the same person using Whatsapp no problem.

Quite often the signal strength shows several bars either on 3G, 4G or 5G but they are greyed out. Never seen that before on any other phone/network. 

Currently, the service I have is totally unusable as a communication device, which is quite fundamental. 

Hi @Unhappy Hammer 

I’m sorry to hear this, coverage is different wherever you go, as well as being a completely different signal network to the one Vodafone would use, while we do have our coverage checker, this is only based on estimates.

All our plans have a cooling off period in which if you find the signal isn’t right for you, you’ll be able to make a return, if you find the signal is not right for you, it’s worth considering.

Please could you let us know the postcode(s) where you’re having issues?

Tom

My post code area is RG14 6

As I understand you use the Three network. Is this correct?

Today I am in PO postcode (Portsmouth city centre) and I have 4 bars on 5G and can not dial out. If I then dial out using WhatsApp I get straight through. 

Also, my colleague is sat next to me and tried to call and it just rings at his end but no call comes through on my phone. 

I need a call from customer services as something is very wrong here. Either the network or the phone. 

Hi @Unhappy Hammer 

Please could you let us know the full postcode(s) where you’re having issues?

We do indeed use the Three UK signal network.

Is your colleague on a Three UK reliant network?

We wouldn’t be able to call out for general customer services, sorry.

Tom

Eventually I have this sorted. No call from anyone in customer services though but had to endure the live chat. 

The issue was the porting of my number on to the new sim. Had to make changes on the phone, restart, make some more changes, restart, stand on my head, restart, roll up left trouser leg, restart, and then it seems to have sorted most of the issues.