Skip to main content

Data roaming is greyed out on Samsung S23 that I got for my son through ID mobile last month. His sim is set up for roaming....he used it at beginning of June on his old phone.

He has an error message to say data roaming was not turned on by home network.

We have tried all changes to settings that we can possibly see. We have done a software update, restarted the phone, contacted Samsung help.

Hi @KGib82 

I’m sorry to hear this, have you checked data roaming is enabled and allowed in the iD Mobile app/website?

Is normal mobile data okay?

Tom

Hi Tom

I have contacted ID support twice and they have confirmed roaming is enabled on the sim. ID support referred the issue to their technical team last week, but I haven't received a response (was supposed to be within 72hrs).

Calls and messages are fine. It just seems to be the network settings on the phone....they are all greyed out. 

I thought it might have been related to Google Family link. So I spent a very long time trying to get that all disconnected. Unfortunately, it didn't make a difference either!

Best regards 

Karen

Hi @KGib82,

Welcome to the Community!

I would advise contacting our Live Chat Team.

The team can update you on your issue as soon as possible.

Kash

Kash

I have already contacted the Live chat Team twice. The second time, it was referred to the Technical team who, after a few days, simply sent a text message to say issue had been resolved. Which was not true. Roaming was still greyed out the full 3 wks when we were away. We are just home now and the roaming option is still greyed out. 

Karen

Hi @KGib82 

Is mobile data turned on in the settings?

Have you tried a network settings reset?

For iPhone;

Settings > General > Transfer or Reset sDevice] > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

For most Android;

Settings > System > Reset options > Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth

For Samsung; 

Settings > General management > Reset > Reset mobile network settings

Resetting network settings will NOT reset any personal data (Photos, Videos, Contacts etc) only network settings.

Tom

Hi Tom

Thanks but unfortunately that hasn't worked either.

Karen

@KGib82 - if there is no issue reported by the technical team, and roaming is enabled in the iD Mobile app and on your account, it sounds like a hardware / software issue. Have you tried a FACTORY RESET on the phone? You’ll need to backup all information prior to doing this. If you go ahead, set the phone up fresh, check if the settings are still greyed out, then transfer your apps & data.

Thanks.