Skip to main content
Solved

DDM cancelled without notification. Now cant make outbound calls and texts

• 4 July 2024
  • 1 reply

Problems started when for some unknown reason ID did not claim my Direct Debit, even though it had been set for months and there was money in the account. No notification to say the direct debit had cancelled. Received about 4 notifications telling me my account had been suspended though until immediate payment. 

Tried to dial the number given on the messages to make payment but of course they had suspended the phone so couldn't. Made the payment online. Went to try and contact their customer services to try and understand what has happened. After 3 attempts waiting on the live chat, I was cut off each time. Over 2 hours wait time estimated. Lovely service. 

Finally.... now my bill is upto date. I cannot make outbound calls without it taking me to the id bills service automated message that simply informs me my account is up to date and cuts off. Thought I would leave it overnight to see if any resets. Nothing. Tried to restart phone. Nothing. Airplane mode on and off nothing.

1. Can someone from ID tell me why you didn't take my ddm

2. Can someone from ID explain why your customer service is non existent

3. Can someone from ID fix my sim card so I can make outbound calls and texts again 

4. Can someone tell me if my credit file will be impacted from this "missed payment" and if so where do I write to complain 

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi there @Jtodd56, welcome to Community!

When services are suspended, and then a bill paid afterwards, it can take up-to 24 hours for services to resume (typically a few hours).

We’d always recommend restarting your phone every few hours to see if it has. If it ever takes longer than 24 hours, then we’d recommend contacting our live-chat team to remove the suspension for you.

To investigate your payment issues further, we’d also recommend contacting our live-chat for more information. However, I notice you’ve mentioned you had issues doing so. 

You can also contact us via Facebook Messenger or Twitter/X if you prefer.

Thanks,

Tyler