Skip to main content

My Google Pixel 8 phone has the pink line from top to bottom, and the screen goes green. I took it to Currys, who said it was 4 days out of warranty, even though I had been going into the shop for days only to be told nobody was available to deal with my query. Anyway, I've contacted Google who are running an extended repair program for this screen problem, and apparently I can walk into an EE store to get if fixed. Does this sound right, will EE repair an ID phone?

Maybe best to ask in the EE store, @Brightside

It’s possible EE are the Google screen repair partner for their Pixel 8 devices in the UK - you might be able to get confirmation of this from Google. 

🍀 

Hello @Brightside 

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Community.

Also, thank you @andewhite for your assistance on the post. 

The team at Currys should still be able to send off the handset for repair for you. If out of warranty, it would mean that the repair would be chargeable. 

A Google device does come with 2 years of manufacturer warranty so if you are still within this time, this should be covered. 

Please let us know if you have proceeded with the repair at the EE store of if you have any questions. 

Thanks,

Nat