Skip to main content

I recently ported my number from O2 last week. On the day of the switch it appeared to have completed without issue. However within 48 hours the number inexplicably changed to a random one causing my girlfriend a good deal of confusion when she tried to contact me. I have been onto customer service and eventually they told me that there had been a second incoming PAC code which had ‘overwritten’  my number from O2. They claim there is nothing they can do to recover it so through no action or fault of my own It is dead in limbo. I tried calling it but just got a number not recognized message.

After this and none existent  data in the city centre I sorely regret switching to iD.

Trying to do a search on the issue doesn’t turn up anything and O2 said they could not help either.

I don’t believe for a moment that it is impossible to recover, there must be something that can be done or somewhere for me to turn, right?

Hi @SAM86,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear the issues with your port.

Once a number is ported into iD the old number is lost.

If another port has been processed to replace your number the number can’t be retrieved once it has been replaced.

Do you know where the second port came from?

Kash