Skip to main content

Since switching to id mobile about a month ago it has been nothing but horrendous if I am honest. I live in an area which claims to have full outdoor 5g coverage and mostly indoor too, however outside I can get 5g maybe 0.1% of the time. But the worst thing about this awful provider is the fact of in the month since I got this phone and new contract I have had more internet issues due to signal etc than I did in 5+ years using a Three mobile contract, but how does this work if idmobile claim to be ‘on the same network as 3’? I never had any problems with Three, ever. But now my internet cuts out and I cant refresh things etc minimum 3+ times a day on Idmobile. Absolutely embarrassingly bad.

Hi @tomot1919 

I’m sorry you feel this way, our signal wouldn’t have any difference to that of a Three UK signal, we rely and use their signal network.

Please could you let us know the postcode(s) where you’ve had issues?

With any iD Mobile plan you’ll have the option to return the plan early on should you find the signal isn’t for you.

Tom

I'm having same issues for over 9 months they just keeping fobbing off they took handset in for repair saying it was that 3 weeks later get it back it still switching off on own and not connecting signal id say "nothing shows on ly error report" so they say I'm lying but obviously I'm not wasting my time for nothing my phone does not ever connect to 5g and even 4g is super slow when it connects it fails mostly as I never get a consistent signal for longer than 10 min my partner has a three contract we live sane place he has no problems . I think id are lying claiming to use that signal as if that's case why isn't his down at same time as mine 

Hi @NooNoo12,

Welcome to the Community!

We are sorry to hear about the issues that you have been having.

Are you able to confirm the postcode that you are having issues at?

Kash

Bd1 4qf and all over bd8 

I've never had a 5g signal 

Hi @NooNoo12,

I can see any issues with coverage or any work being carried out.

Have you tested the SIM in a different handset or had a replacement SIM sent out?

We can get a replacement SIM sent out or you can collect one from Curry’s to see if that makes a difference.

Kash

Snap me either customer service is appalling they refuse to acknowledge it's there fault I honestly can't wait til contracts up I will never go with id again the service is worst ever and cannot rely om phone to work I miss lots of important calls as it's always failing . I've reported to ombudsman 

Hi @NooNoo12,

Have you tested the SIM in a different handset or had a replacement SIM sent out?

We can get a replacement SIM sent out or you can collect one from Curry’s to see if that makes a difference.

Kash

Ibe had replacement sims in past but same happens they work OK few days then they'll keep saying sim card not detected or not on network . I've taken in currys abd they got it working but within an hour it's done same again I have never once been on a 5g signal despite I travel up n down country the network co erage always fails 

Hi @NooNoo12,

Kash

Ibe had replacement sims in past but same happens they work OK few days then they'll keep saying sim card not detected or not on network . I've taken in currys abd they got it working but within an hour it's done same again I have never once been on a 5g signal despite I travel up n down country the network co erage always fails 

As you can see from my usage ive literally not made a single call fir over 2 months I have to rely on WhatsApp n wifi 

Snap me either customer service is appalling they refuse to acknowledge it's there fault I honestly can't wait til contracts up I will never go with id again the service is worst ever and cannot rely om phone to work I miss lots of important calls as it's always failing . I've reported to ombudsman 

Yep its absolutely awful, still having problems with my connection every single day 9 months later, every time i reopen my phone after not being on it for lets say 30 minutes I have to turn my internet connection on and off etc. I still have my old phone with a cheap three contract in it as I couldnt cancel it, I can pick that phone up after weeks of not using and the connection works perfectly showing me it is clearly not the wifi itself but the service provider (ID). I also still virtually never get 5g, truly truly horrific, will certainly never be coming back to id after my contracts up, nothing but problems everyday.

Hi @NooNoo12 @tomot1919,

If you have been issues for a long time I would advise contacting our Live Chat Team.

The team will troubleshoot the issue and escalate this if required.

Kash