Skip to main content

Hi Everyone, I think there a few of us here with the same issue. 

I am unable to activate iMessage or Facetime on my Iphone 16. I have tried all of the resolution steps, none have worked. It’s now been 48 hours not fixed. 

I’ve tried to raise a ticket to technical support via live chat. They advised me this is a known issue and would not raise a technical ticket for me as they are working on a fix “for all iphone 16” users.  Has anyone else had this feedback? They would not provide a timeline for the resolution.

Brand new phone, can’t even use the functionality properly. Also spoke to apple who have advised everything is fine their end. Extremely frustrating as for some people they seem to be able to raise a ticket and get it fixed, others not. 

Hoping a member of staff/community can respond appropriately as live chat aren’t the most helpful.

Thanks. 

I have an iPhone 16 pro max and had no issues activating a replacement eSIM and getting iMessage/FaceTime to work. 

Hi @BradWS 

Has a replacement SIM been tried?

Tom

Hi, this has now been resolved. It took 4 days to randomly work, unless the wider technical fix has now been resolved that live chat mentioned to me.

thanks

Hi @BradWS,

Glad to hear that it has been resolved.

It can sometimes take longer than usual for it to start working.

Kash