Skip to main content

Hi I just recently upgraded to an iPhone 16 Pro from an iPhone 13 Pro. I have been with iD for a while now and it was working perfectly fine on my old iPhone 13 Pro.

However, since upgrading my iPhone I’ve noticed I’m no longer receiving iMessage’s to my number and everything is coming through as text messages when sent to my mobile number. I have looked at the settings and it keeps stating that Activation is unsuccessful with my iD number and seems to cause it to fail to activate. Even trying to put the iD SIM back into my old iPhone 13 Pro also causes activation to fail suggesting it’s something to do with the SIM/number.

I have noticed other topics on this forum and tried to follow through as many of the steps as possible including signing out of iCloud, taking out my sim and leaving the phone off for a while, and turning iMessage and FaceTime off before reactivating and nothing has worked which is extremely frustrating.

iMessage is working fine on both my email addresses that were previously associated but every time I try and use my iD mobile number it states an error occurred like in the photos below.

Please can someone advise on how to fix this or I will have to leave the network since it’s extremely inconvenient not being able to use the features I had before and this has never happened when changing phone with other networks in the past.

I have the same issue, went from iphone 13 pro max to 16 pro max. Keep getting exactly same issue as you above.

Make sure that your mobile number has been entered and saved within the settings section of your phone menu. 

Make sure that your mobile number has been entered and saved within the settings section of your phone menu. 

I’ve checked this and it’s my correct number. I’ve turned my phone off and on again and it’s still not working. I’ve checked everything possible relating to my number and it always fails to activate. Resetting the phone, signing out of iCloud, leaving the phone off for a while, waiting over 24 hours and none of this has worked.

Have you tried a replacement iD SIM card for your iPhone 16, @angela_mac?

This iD online article might help.

I have exactly the same issue after trying all these things. Is the only answer to get another sim?

I have spoken with Apple Support, they have said it is an issue with iD Mobile where it’s not sending a response back when it does the ‘handshake’ to activate the SIM card with Apple for iMessage and FaceTime and to feed this back to iD Mobile so they can check this and ensure the response is getting through.

Tried with another known good SIM card to rule out an issue with the device itself and that confirmed to Apple that it is a carrier/network issue.

We need ID Mobile to help us then!

We need ID Mobile to help us then!

Okay @Shaunyboy, the main iD customer service channels are their online Live Chat, Facebook Messenger and X.

iD Mobile have given me the run around and now stated the issue is an Apple one, so since Friday I have not had access to iMessage or FaceTime with my number and it’s causing loads of issues for me. Have tried with both a Three and an EE SIM and these activate almost immediately and with no errors.

Customer service has been atrocious and advising me to contact Apple again. Simplest solution I’ve now found is to just request a PAC code and leave iD in favour of one one that is able to provide the services I expect without wasting hours over a couple of days being sent around in circles and being denied access to iMessage and FaceTime on my mobile number for coming up to a week now!

This is rubbish. I’m holding on for now and hoping the more people that get iPhone 16s and get this problem then ID Mobile get their act together. 

I don’t know how long I’m going to wait though. 

I have given iD one last chance to resolve the issue, they have suggested I try a new SIM so I requested an eSIM from them. I have removed my old physical SIM card and now in the process of transferring over.

This time iMessage Activation states it is ‘Verifying...’ next to my iD number rather than just instantly reporting an error and failing, will update if this is indeed successful.

I’m having the exact same issue. I’ve been on with ID mobile support via twitter and Apple for several hours since Friday. Apple have even taken control of my phone remotely this evening and looked thoroughly for any issues their end. iMessage and FaceTime are both working with my email addresses so it’s not a software issue. All settings are correct, so they see no reason why it wouldn't work. The person I spoke to at Apple confirmed the issue is with the carrier and is likely to be that “the international SMS must be active and the account must be provisioned for iMessage and FaceTime”.

The fact that so many of us are having the same issue, whilst FaceTime and iMessage work instantly with other carriers and SIMs leads me to strongly believe that this lies solely with ID Mobile and not Apple. I had the same problems when I first joined iD Mobile almost 1 year ago - it took about a week to activate.

@angela_mac iD Mobile set me up with a new e-Sim yesterday afternoon to replace my original SIM card, but 30+ hours later I’m still stuck on ‘Verifying’, so I'm afraid I wouldn’t hold your breath on this one.

The last message I received from iD mobile support this morning was “Okay, iMessage and FaceTime are both Apple services, we have 0 control over their services, the number is absolutely xxxxxxxxxxx on our side as it has been since December 2023, nothing has changed on our side, the required "international" service is enabled which would be required for iMessage/FaceTime. We'd recommend contacting Apple directly.” 

As mentioned above, I’ve since done that and Apple are saying the issue is with the carrier. I’ve decided enough is enough and will be changing network provider. Both my children set up new iPhones on the same day and theirs worked instantly. When I put their sim in my phone, it works instantly. The problem is clearly with iD Mobile and the most concerning thing is that they are unwilling to accept it as their problem, meaning there is no fix likely to be implemented.

Hope this info helps someone - it’s been driving me mad since Friday!

same issue here for both myself and my wife

Just an update, as you stated @k_t_lloyd that verified message was still on this morning, but then at some point turned to an activation failed message again. Enough is enough and I have taken out a new contract with another network provider.

They will complete the porting of the number over tomorrow to their network, but in the meantime have provided me a temporary mobile number and that has activated with FaceTime and iMessage as soon as I restarted the phone after registering their new eSIM. The iD mobile eSIM never validated or started working with iMessage or Apple services up to the point I deleted it from my device.

It’s unfortunate that I have had to change networks for what should be a fairly simple process, but it really is unacceptable that a mobile provider cannot resolve issues like this promptly in today’s world where we rely massively on these devices.

I’ve lost so much time trying to sort this out with iD Mobile that I definitely would not recommend them to anybody I know, it shouldn’t be a huge ordeal just to change a phone every couple of years and lose access to services that I had before!

I’m still sitting it out rather forlornly in the hope that as more people have this issue they will sort out. 

I’m still sitting it out rather forlornly in the hope that as more people have this issue they will sort out. 

Contacted iD Mobile on X and they say there is nothing wrong at there end. I have also been given an eSIM with the same “verifying“ message.
Apple says I have to wait 24 hrs for this verify complete (or not). Only after 24 hrs will Apple look at it.

I've had my esim active since 1pm on Monday and it's still stuck in verifying over 48 hours later. ID mobile support have now escalated to their technical department (I pointed them in the direction of this forum to show that it wasn’t an isolated incident)

Mine is now working on eSIM.

After 24 hrs I rebooted phone and went to iMessage/FaceTime settings and spinner started then got the tick next to phone number.

Looks like I’ll need an eSIM then. 

Looks like I’ll need an eSIM then. 

I sent a message on X, takes about 10 mins to get it

A quick update, after escalating the issue to the I’d Mobile technical team the issue seems to have been resolved. Mine is now working as it should. 

Hi @k_t_lloyd,

Glad to hear that your issue is resolved.

If you require further assistance, please let us know.

Kash

Yes, mine is finally working as it should. 

Hi @Shaunyboy 

Glad to hear that’s sorted.

Tom

@k_t_lloyd How did you get put in contact with their technical team as I am experiencing the same issue and it is rather frustrating?