Skip to main content

Hi I just recently upgraded to an iPhone 16 Pro from an iPhone 13 Pro. I have been with iD for a while now and it was working perfectly fine on my old iPhone 13 Pro.

However, since upgrading my iPhone I’ve noticed I’m no longer receiving iMessage’s to my number and everything is coming through as text messages when sent to my mobile number. I have looked at the settings and it keeps stating that Activation is unsuccessful with my iD number and seems to cause it to fail to activate. Even trying to put the iD SIM back into my old iPhone 13 Pro also causes activation to fail suggesting it’s something to do with the SIM/number.

I have noticed other topics on this forum and tried to follow through as many of the steps as possible including signing out of iCloud, taking out my sim and leaving the phone off for a while, and turning iMessage and FaceTime off before reactivating and nothing has worked which is extremely frustrating.

iMessage is working fine on both my email addresses that were previously associated but every time I try and use my iD mobile number it states an error occurred like in the photos below.

Please can someone advise on how to fix this or I will have to leave the network since it’s extremely inconvenient not being able to use the features I had before and this has never happened when changing phone with other networks in the past.

I have reset my network settings and have been told after 24hrs it should definitely be working is this what solved anyone else’s problem?

I tried everything but nothing worked. Then randomly a few days ago it started working. 

Ah okay so will have to wait and see but this is rather frustrating

@JKL5290 -

Unfortunately a common issue with iPhone after switching. Here’s some steps that do help. Thanks.

Also having this issue, tried to raise a ticket to technical support via live chat. They advised me this is a known issue and would not raise a technical ticket for me as they are working on a fix “for all iphone 16” users.  Has anyone else had this feedback? They would not provide a timeline for the resolution.

Brand new phone, can’t even use the functionality properly. Also spoke to apple who have advised everything is fine their end. 

@BradWS -

I assume you’ve tried these steps carefully following the timescales provided? Thanks.