Solved

Issue with porting

• 15 May 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Good morning. I have read various tutorials and posts but I can’t quite see my issue. I have followed the PAC instructions and received confirmation that my old number would move by the 14th of May. Right enough, my old sim stopped working on the morning of the 14th so I popped my new ID Mobile sim in. I cannot call or message anyone but they can call me. I can access the internet at home. I have checked coverage here at work and 4G is excellent (I am at a rural school so no 5G for me here!) . I have the wifi symbol and where the signal bars usually are, there are 4 dots. 

I have switched it off and on, put into airplane mode and taken it out, cleaned the sim and all the rest of it. Not sure what else to do? Many thanks. 

icon

Best answer by andewhite 15 May 2024, 11:35

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +10

Sounds like it could be a split-port, @Spikeykatt

This can happen when switching, if the gaining service provider (iD Mobile) don’t receive all the information they need, from the old service provider. 

I’d suggest using the iD online Live Chat service for help - advisers work until 8pm on weekdays.

Userlevel 1

@andewhite thank you- will do!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Spikeykatt 

I’m sorry to hear this, please could you let us know what device the SIM card is being used in?

Has a replacement SIM been tried?

Please let us know if you still require assistance with this.

Tom