Skip to main content

I signed up for ID Mobile and received SIM and old number supposed to be ported on 24 June.

Number should have been ported already, but the new SIM does not work in my mobile nor other mobile phones! I’m sure the SIM is corrupt (unfortunately I’ve seen too late that this is often the case!). Says NO SIM.

I cannot add mobile number to ID account since I cannot receive SMS now as number has already been ported!

I picked up new SIM from Currys, but cannot activate it as it seems I need to activate through APP or ID web page, but cannot do anything there as no number is linked to ID account yet!

Somehow in LIMBO now and can’t do anything!

Please contact me ASAP, I need to use my phone now!

You should be able to activate a ‘new’ iD SIM online, without the app or an account, @Jim314.

Use the “No, not yet” option online at https://my.idmobile.co.uk/activate-sim-outside

Thanks @andewhite, I can get here now, didn’t manage to before though for some reason.

Can get verification code by email, which is good.

But now activating sim I get “Oops… Something went wrong, please try again”.

Tried few times already, but still the same.

Will try again in an hour or so and hope it works.

Thx so far.

Looks like you may need to speak to iD customer service about activating your SIM, @Jim314.  

The quickest way of doing this would be the iD online Live Chat service.

Tell the 24/7 iD chatbot that you want to “talk to a person” - you may need to repeat this a few times.

The iD advisers work between 9am - 8pm on weekdays.

It’s fine now, seems to work shortly after I sent my last msg!
Thanks@andewhite